RCJ transferring

huskerchode

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/cascio-jensen-plans-to-transfer-from-nebraska/article_dcba5f41-2d9d-547b-992f-faaff9c6ecce.html

Maybe I'm missing something but I liked her progress and she showed some nice skills. She apparently has her own reasons to do something else.

Practicing with the red shirt guards may have helped her make up her mind about next year?

Edited by redsteve

I'm with redsteve and will be sorry to see Rylie leave the Huskers.  I certainly cannot fault her for pursuing scholarship opportunities elsewhere that might have proven problematic at Nebraska. 

Thanks to RCJ for wanting to come to Nebraska and for all her efforts where she played in every game. :Salute:

:Salute:

Best Wishes for her success wherever she decides to play.

Edited by Red Don

She had a scholarship offer to South Dakota but no scholarship here at NU. I think she was hoping to get put on scholarship for next year, but when that didn't happen her and her family decided it may be in her best interest to go somewhere where it would. Schooling last season would have cost her parents some $20-$30 grand. The lure of free education vs her parents having to pay tuition again is most likely one of the main reasons of her transferring.    

1 hour ago, Row6Seat10 said:

She had a scholarship offer to South Dakota but no scholarship here at NU. I think she was hoping to get put on scholarship for next year, but when that didn't happen her and her family decided it may be in her best interest to go somewhere where it would. Schooling last season would have cost her parents some $20-$30 grand. The lure of free education vs her parents having to pay tuition again is most likely one of the main reasons of her transferring.    

I wondered if that was what played into her decision.  With the cost of a college education sky rocketing, the lure of a full ride somewhere else has to be pretty strong. It just isn't worth going $100k into debt for a 4 year degree and then possibly more debt if they go on to grad school.  Maybe she will come back to South Dakota?  Heck, their out of state tuition rivals NU's in-state tuition anyway, and she would get a free ride and live in a stellar dorm, play in new facilities, and get lots of playing time.  Plus, it is still close enough that her family could see her play.

Any she may have more opportunity for post season play...

Edited by huskerchode

On 4/19/2017 at 0:58 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

yeah, saw a twitter account that, imo, was mocking RCJ's transfer (being a "walk-on" and transferring). for crying out loud, if the schollie wasn't going to happen for her at nebraska, why not take advantage of the opportunity of a schollie somewhere? geez, take a minute and think about it......

Yep...lots of knuckle heads out there making ****** remarks hiding behind the screen. Pretty common these days....unfortunately.

Edited by redsteve

wow. the number of transfers just seems to be skyrocketing. especially on the women's side. i've just come to expect it on the men's side, but, seems like the women are following suit. maybe i am way off base. i tried to do some research and find any articles/study on numbers but didn't come across anything.....yet. 

4 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

wow. the number of transfers just seems to be skyrocketing. especially on the women's side. i've just come to expect it on the men's side, but, seems like the women are following suit. maybe i am way off base. i tried to do some research and find any articles/study on numbers but didn't come across anything.....yet. 

Read the OWH article from today.  Transfers happen everywhere and we are not immune.  The volleyball team had 4 people transfer.  It happens... it sucks and I hate it... but it happens.

• 3 weeks later...

From watching her play, it seemed she was going to be a continual contributor, and was improving. Liked her game. Good ball handler, shot was improving, nice guard for the future.

Good luck to her ...I'm sure she'll succeed at South Dakota State.

Edited by redsteve

South Dakota State women's basketball head coach Aaron Johnston announced Tuesday that Rylie Cascio Jensen will join the Jackrabbits’ program.

Cascio Jensen, who played her freshman year at Nebraska this past season, will play immediately for SDSU and have three years of eligibility with the Jackrabbits.

"We are thrilled to welcome Rylie and her family to our women's basketball program and South Dakota State University," Johnston said. "She's had an accomplished career to this point and we believe she has a very bright future wearing yellow and blue. Jackrabbit fans will enjoy watching her playmaking ability and competitive spirit on the court this fall."

She's heading to a team that has a roster that's usually always chalked full of good players, and year in and year out they're always at top of the Summitt League at the end. She's going to experience the highs and lows of being involved a race for the conference crown. Could take her a while to see the court on a regular basis though.  

https://brookingsregister.com/article/sdsu-womens-basketball-volleyball-teams-both-add-one