Impact of winning (or lack thereof)...

khoock

How much of today's transfer boom is contributed by the boom in player salaries overseas? I feel like 15 years ago if you weren't NBA talent you went to the workforce. If I'm a guy like Jacobson and I'm suddenly faced with the decision to play out of position at a big time school or go to a smaller, say Summit or Mo Valley school and develop into a stretch 4, that is a tough decision. I go to an Indiana St or a Western Illinois, develop a jumper, and earn a chance to make a life changing amount of money in Europe or China. 

Just something I've thought about. 

8 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

Except for the fact that he just left his team?

In spite of that, yes.  He does still strike me as a team-first guy.  For two years he's been asked to play hurt, come back from injury before he's 100%, play undersized in one of the most physical leagues in the country, and be our resident tough guy.  He's a Nebraska kid at heart, the son of two Husker letter winners, and has always carried himself in a mild-mannered, unassuming way.  The fact that he is transferring shouldn't make you question his character; his transfer should make you question what is going on behind the curtain of this program.

2 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

In spite of that, yes.  He does still strike me as a team-first guy.  For two years he's been asked to play hurt, come back from injury before he's 100%, play undersized in one of the most physical leagues in the country, and be our resident tough guy.  He's a Nebraska kid at heart, the son of two Husker letter winners, and has always carried himself in a mild-mannered, unassuming way.  The fact that he is transferring shouldn't make you question his character; his transfer should make you question what is going on behind the curtain of this program.

I never questioned his character. I don't know anything about his character or what is going on behind the curtain. I'm just a fan. What I questioned was the timing of the phrase, "team first" used on someone who just  announced he's leaving his team. 

12 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

I never questioned his character. I don't know anything about his character or what is going on behind the curtain. I'm just a fan. What I questioned was the timing of the phrase, "team first" used on someone who just  announced he's leaving his team. 

Well then I guess we're quibbling over semantics.  Because I would consider questioning whether someone is a "team first" player as part of questioning their character.  If you find those two things mutually exclusive, that's fine too.  No worries.

2 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Well then I guess we're quibbling over semantics.  Because I would consider questioning whether someone is a "team first" player as part of questioning their character.  If you find those two things mutually exclusive, that's fine too.  No worries.

What I was questioning was your choice of words at this time. 

On 4/13/2017 at 0:59 PM, hhcdimes said:

I think Ed, Nick, and Horne are gone regardless. 

Horne and Nick are looking for more PT and Ed wants to play SF in the NBA.  

You know, I just got to thinking back tonight about a guy named Andre Smith - a 6-7 center that had to no help inside from anyone taller than him and yet went on to be Big Eight POY in 1981.  Maybe we ought to be putting a banner up alongside Lue, Hoppen, etc for that guy.  Really.  In light of what we have seen happen here the last 4 weeks, I just realized I took Andre's efforts for 4 years here for granted.