1 1/2 years of not recruiting. What will it do?

Keeping Miles is essentially going to ruin this program. If your not giving him a contract extension than why are you keeping him? Tons of in state talent and Nebraska is such a mess they can't capitalize on it. Just pathetic what Shawn Eichorst is doing here. Mind boggling how he has handled this. Just ditch Miles and hire Dooley from Florida Gulf Coast. That's my vent........so pissed at this administrations incompetence regarding basketball

Keeping Miles is essentially going to ruin this program. If your not giving him a contract extension than why are you keeping him? Tons of in state talent and Nebraska is such a mess they can't capitalize on it. Just pathetic what Shawn Eichorst is doing here. Mind boggling how he has handled this. Just ditch Miles and hire Dooley from Florida Gulf Coast. That's my vent........so pissed at this administrations incompetence regarding basketball

You just don't like Miles do you. Can you come up with more asinine stuff

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

I do not know what is more sad... This post, or the fact that someone will probably up arrow this post.

So say we give him a contract extension... do you become less of a negative Nelly?  I wouldn't say there is "tons" of in state talent.  Dooley from FGC?  Really?  You want to take that route why?

It's a little easier to recruit to FGC than Nebraska... just saying.  What is truly Mind boggling is the fact that people cannot see the opportunity that lies ahead next year even with the current loss of 4 players.  

Edited by hskr4life

What lies ahead next year.....I'm a season ticket holder......this team probably will only win 12 games again. What are fans like yourself holding onto? It's likely Copeland misses all of the non con and since the B10 schedule will start in mid December, Copeland could miss 18 games. Think about that for a second. Joe Dooley was an assistant at kansas for 10 years! Has taken Florida Gulf coast to the NCAA tourney the last 2 years and has been successful there for 4 seasons AFTER replacing Andy Enfield who left for USC. Dooley plays the same up tempo style that Nee did. If Dooley was hired tomorrow, Jacobsen and morrow wouldn't be leaving. They are leaving because they feel miles will be fired after next season and they don't want to play for a new coach that's rebuilding as seniors. 

43 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

It's likely Copeland misses all of the non con and since the B10 schedule will start in mid December, Copeland could miss 18 games.

Regardless of our schedule the semester ends as scheduled. We're looking at 12 games here.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

I do not know what is more said.  This post, or the fact that someone will probably up arrow this post.

So say we give him a contract extension... do you become less of a negative Nelly?  I wouldn't say there is "tons" of in state talent.  Dooley from FGC?  Really?  You want to take that route why?

It's a little easier to recruit to FGC than Nebraska... just saying.  What is truly Mind boggling is the fact that people cannot see the opportunity that lies ahead next year even with the current loss of 4 players.  

You really believe FGCU is easier to recruit to? Just so we are clear...with the opportunities that lie ahead for next year...there are no excuses to not succeed, right?

3 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

Without giving a down arrow, what instate talent have we missed on?  As has been pointed out Patton blew up late and no one saw it.  Daum was not something anyone saw.  who in this tons of talent should he have gotten?

2 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

What lies ahead next year.....I'm a season ticket holder......this team probably will only win 12 games again. What are fans like yourself holding onto? It's likely Copeland misses all of the non con and since the B10 schedule will start in mid December, Copeland could miss 18 games. Think about that for a second. Joe Dooley was an assistant at kansas for 10 years! Has taken Florida Gulf coast to the NCAA tourney the last 2 years and has been successful there for 4 seasons AFTER replacing Andy Enfield who left for USC. Dooley plays the same up tempo style that Nee did. If Dooley was hired tomorrow, Jacobsen and morrow wouldn't be leaving. They are leaving because they feel miles will be fired after next season and they don't want to play for a new coach that's rebuilding as seniors. 

Or they are leaving because they think they are better at things than they really are.

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

You really believe FGCU is easier to recruit to? Just so we are clear...with the opportunities that lie ahead for next year...there are no excuses to not succeed, right?

Meant to have "might be" in there.  I had heard interesting things about FGCU.  But for an 18-20 year old kid, it might be easy to see "Florida."

A lot can happen between now and next year.  However,  I think improvement must be shown in the W-L category.  If there is no improvement there than yes... there probably won't be any excuses.

That is contingent upon us not losing anyone else though.

9 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Meant to have "might be" in there.  I had heard interesting things about FGCU.  But for an 18-20 year old kid, it might be easy to see "Florida."

A lot can happen between now and next year.  However,  I think improvement must be shown in the W-L category.  If there is no improvement there than yes... there probably won't be any excuses.

That is contingent upon us not losing anyone else though.

This is the view from an FGCU dorm room.14ce2c99b385460857873aac6f227a8b.jpg

I'm not sure anything else needs to be said about why it might be easy to recruit there.