Jacobson Gone?

hskr4life

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

MJ is a grinder and a worker.  He has a year to work on his game, he is going to do well.

I don't know any of the circumstance and

maybe he had a real reason, but I'm a Nebraska fan so my take he refused to stick around and work for a spot. He would definitely have been a help next year but all signs pointed to less time on the floor for him. 

31 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

But...I have loved MJ since he was a HS player...so, I am biased and slanted towards "well" :)

Yes, a candid admission on your part.  :)   I was that way once also.    I have come back to earth.  Perhaps the shooting percentage did it.    Perhaps bringing the ball down low after a board did it, and perhaps loving the dribble in the paint did it.  And perhaps you are right, an off season will improve those things.   The effort will be there.  

11 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

He averaged 6 pts and 6 rebs in 24 minutes as a sophomore. For all the holes in his game, those are productive numbers. And let's be honest, he's going to a better program.

Agreed. Never understood why ppl knock these kids for transferring. Nobody seemed to be too mad when Petteway and Walt decided not to tough it out and earn playing time on their respective teams. And i doubt any Husker fans will be complaining about it this winter when Palmer and Copeland suit up for us. 

Hopefully MJ does well there and whatever problem caused him to leave us is settled at Iowa State.

No problems with the kid.  I always thought he deserved to be better than he was.  But he's an ordinary D1 role player.  

I'll always be pissed that we didn't keep Morrow or use him correctly, but not Jacobson.  He's a coaching nightmare--great practice and effort player who earns in-game minutes and then underperforms.  

Will be interesting to watch his shooting progress or lack thereof.  I don't think our coaches are very good at developing shooting.  If he progresses in this front, like I suspect he will, it will confirm our need to be better at helping our guys shoot better somehow.

10 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

He averaged 6 pts and 6 rebs in 24 minutes as a sophomore. For all the holes in his game, those are productive numbers. And let's be honest, he's going to a better program.

Yeah, a program that had zero interest in him coming out of high school.  What changed?  Oh yeah, he was given an opportunity to shine and develop under Tim Miles at Nebraska.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Yeah, a program that had zero interest in him coming out of high school.  What changed?  Oh yeah, he was given an opportunity to shine and develop under Tim Miles at Nebraska.

Would we offer a kid if the football team already did? We were his highest level offer though.