Jacobson Gone?

hskr4life

12 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

I'm not happy with SE in how he has handled all of this, starting from last year. His poor leadership has added to what we are now experiencing.

I'll give you that I don't think he's handled it well.   Of course, had our bb program not been a dumpster fire, his actions (or maybe more appropriately, lack thereof) wouldn't have been necessary.

17 hours ago, a0t0w0 said:

I've exhausted most of my Netflix reserve, so this drama is filling a hole for me right now.  

I love you no matter what, nebrasketball.

hahahaha. i know what you mean. It was this or an episode of "Salem". Tough call.

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

Better Call Saul season 2 finally came out...so there is that.

I'm overwhelmed by the sheer volume of shows being produced now. I totally f**ked up not becoming a scriptwriter years ago because "the opportunities to succeed were so rare". Jesus, seems like anyone who can wield a pen without incurring an injury can get something on the air now.

Next time McKewon's around, someone needs to tell him to develop a series about a Nebraskan little league team made up of suspended 5th graders who learn about life and love while committing an error an inning. Or something like that. Someone will pick it up. Actually, I'd probably watch that.

3 minutes ago, tcp said:

I'm overwhelmed by the sheer volume of shows being produced now. I totally f**ked up not becoming a scriptwriter years ago because "the opportunities to succeed were so rare". Jesus, seems like anyone who can wield a pen without incurring an injury can get something on the air now.

Next time McKewon's around, someone needs to tell him to develop a series about a Nebraskan little league team made up of suspended 5th graders who learn about life and love while committing an error an inning. Or something like that. Someone will pick it up. Actually, I'd probably watch that.

"Fielder's Choice" available on Netflix in the Summer of 2018

13 minutes ago, tcp said:

"Real Baseball Moms of Lancaster County"

49 minutes ago, tcp said:

Could we do a softball spin off called softball player and pregnant?

Roll it back about a month...

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/car-accidents-transfers-nebraska-cornhuskers-basketball-coach-tim-miles-cursed-doomed

When a small gaggle of writers circling his locker asked about the news that Eichorst wanted Miles back, Jacobson countered with this:

“I think it’s huge to have continuity. I think everybody has to be on the same page. I think that’s what the best programs have. I think that’s what winning programs have. I think that’s how you get to the NCAA Tournament … If you’re not on the same page, it’s really hard to be right and to go into a forward direction.”

At some point in the last 30-plus days, Jacobson told continuity to get bent and ditched the train.

Did he jump? Or was he pushed?

“I want Coach Miles to be our coach,” Jacobson had said in D.C. “And I think he’s a great guy. He’s the one that recruited me, so I’m excited for him to be here. And I think we’re doing the right things, I really do … I’m excited to be back and I know we’ve got guys that are going to work as hard as ever.

“And I think we’re going to have more — I don’t know, maybe just more of a bond because we realize, ‘OK, you’ve got to put the work in,’ and things like that, next year. I think we’ll be more of a brotherhood, if you will.”

What the hell happened between then and now???

3 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Roll it back about a month...

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/car-accidents-transfers-nebraska-cornhuskers-basketball-coach-tim-miles-cursed-doomed

When a small gaggle of writers circling his locker asked about the news that Eichorst wanted Miles back, Jacobson countered with this:

“I think it’s huge to have continuity. I think everybody has to be on the same page. I think that’s what the best programs have. I think that’s what winning programs have. I think that’s how you get to the NCAA Tournament … If you’re not on the same page, it’s really hard to be right and to go into a forward direction.”

At some point in the last 30-plus days, Jacobson told continuity to get bent and ditched the train.

Did he jump? Or was he pushed?

“I want Coach Miles to be our coach,” Jacobson had said in D.C. “And I think he’s a great guy. He’s the one that recruited me, so I’m excited for him to be here. And I think we’re doing the right things, I really do … I’m excited to be back and I know we’ve got guys that are going to work as hard as ever.

“And I think we’re going to have more — I don’t know, maybe just more of a bond because we realize, ‘OK, you’ve got to put the work in,’ and things like that, next year. I think we’ll be more of a brotherhood, if you will.”

What the hell happened between then and now???

I forgot about that until today!  I remember reading about Jacobson's strong words after the Big 10 tourney.  Makes you wonder if he didn't like what he heard for his role in the coming years.  Just crazy all around!  Ed and Jacobson were two guys that I didn't think would transfer.  Just goes to show how much we all really know or "don't know" about what goes on behind those closed doors.

5 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Scholarship Matrix updated - http://huskerhoopscentral.com/scholarships/

I guess worrying about how we would handle having 6 guys graduating in two years is no longer a concern.

FYI - you show Jeriah Horne transferring back for a senior season in 2019-20.  And I don't think there's any possible way of that happening!