Jacobson Gone?

hskr4life

2 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Their leg to stand was gone this year, they just didn't know it.  Instead of passing the program off to a new coach at a time when he'd still had some talent to work with, we waited for Miles to chase everybody off.  It's ludicrous.  And it's not even like this is a "well, hindsight's 20/20" scenario.  I said this was likely to happen back before the conference tourney even started, and I know I wasn't the only one. 

Exactly. Numerous basketball insiders (I am not one) were saying even weeks before the Big Ten tournament to expect multiple transfers if Miles was retained. If they knew it, then Eichorst must have known it. If not, it says something very disturbing about his management of this program and emotional investment in it. 

Now, a few weeks later, the program has just sustained its fourth off-season transfer (a full third of the team's scholarship roster) and is awaiting an imminent decision on its fifth. Someone needs to be held accountable for this mess, and though Mark Boehm should be fired, this is not on him. He'd be nothing more than a scapegoat for those who are truly responsible.

18 minutes ago, HB said:

Love the folks who think this was news.  We said it 5 days ago on here.  

Atlanta burns while Shawn remains mute. When he remained silent after Barfy's article it was over; every man for himself after that.   Hell, I do indecisive shit  like Shawn all the time,  but I ain't making 1.1.  

So, what you're saying, you'd take the A.D. job if it wasn't for the cut in pay?  ;)

4 minutes ago, huskas4real said:

Jordy Tshimanga tweeting #RiskyRoadz??? What the hell is that supposed to mean after Morrow and Jacobson transfers.

If you follow him or his brother it's their own sort of unique tweet deal. Saw it a lot more during his recruitment period. I'd interpret this as him saying goodbye publicly to Jacobson.

His typical goto is #Normandie btw. The next chance I have to talk to him I'll ask him what that one means.

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

If you follow him or his brother it's their own sort of unique tweet deal. Saw it a lot more during his recruitment period. I'd interpret this as him saying goodbye publicly to Jacobson.

His typical goto is #Normandie btw. The next chance I have to talk to him I'll ask him what that one means.

Remember the good ol' days when folks spoke English?

6pts, 6rebs per game.  17% 3pt shooting.  65% FT shooting.  Not quick enough to guard stretch 4s.  Too small to guard the 5.  Couldn't make a shot from 5 feet.

I'm a little baffled by everyone freaking out on this one.  The kid wasn't even going to start next year.  

Compare it to a healthy Copeland during his sophomore campaign at GTown:  6'9", 11pts, 5rebs, 30% 3pt shooting, 80%FT.  

I loved Jacobson's contributions, but I don't remember a more Role Player! role player than him in recent memory.  He's getting replaced by a 5*.  Relax.

The more I think about MJ and Ed, the more I think they both might be transferring because they weren't going to get minutes because of the way the roster is shaking out.  Ed's made a lot less sense to me because he was always going to be good enough to get on the court.  But Jacobson?  He's going to be behind a guy who can score 15-25 points on any given night at the 4 and a true center at the 5.   

Again, it still shakes out well, imo:

Watson/Taylor

Akenten/Gill

McVeigh/Palmer

Copeland/Roby

Tshimanga/?? 

Again, 1-4 can shoot the ball.  I'm sorry.  That matters.  

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

6pts, 6rebs per game.  17% 3pt shooting.  65% FT shooting.  Not quick enough to guard stretch 4s.  Too small to guard the 5.  Couldn't make a shot from 5 feet.

I'm a little baffled by everyone freaking out on this one.  The kid wasn't even going to start next year.  

Compare it to a healthy Copeland during his sophomore campaign at GTown:  6'9", 11pts, 5rebs, 30% 3pt shooting, 80%FT.  

I loved Jacobson's contributions, but I don't remember a more Role Player! role player than him in recent memory.  He's getting replaced by a 5*.  Relax.

The more I think about MJ and Ed, the more I think they both might be transferring because they weren't going to get minutes because of the way the roster is shaking out.  Ed's made a lot less sense to me because he was always going to be good enough to get on the court.  But Jacobson?  He's going to be behind a guy who can score 15-25 points on any given night at the 4 and a true center at the 5.   

Again, it still shakes out well, imo:

Watson/Taylor

Akenten/Gill

McVeigh/Palmer

Copeland/Roby

Tshimanga/?? 

Again, 1-4 can shoot the ball.  I'm sorry.  That matters.  

Let's face it.  We've been through this before... Certain posters are going to try their hardest to freak out.  I have just come to the conclusion that these posters just cannot be happy at all.  They are negative during these stretches.  They were negative during our winning streaks (or dormant).  Some people just have to take the negative approach to life which is really sad.  I feel for them.

1 minute ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

As I said, depends on which side of the fence you are residing doesn't it?  YOUR opinion can be different that others and neither you, nor they have to be wrong.

It's not debatable that it is a good thing.   That's not my opinion.   Opinions and debates can be waged on how good MJ is.  

We are down to 8 scholarship players now.   MJ was the lone true four.   He was a two year starter.   He proved he could defend and rebound.   The guy who is supposedly going to replace him hasn't even received the waiver for the first semester yet and is coming off back surgery.   Another one of those 8 was a role player at best at Miami and is rumored to have grade issues.   Another is your starting PG who is rumored to be looking.   Another is your center who has a world of upside but hasn't proven to be able to stay on the court due to foul trouble.    

There is no way whatsoever that anyone can spin this as a positive or even breakeven thing. 

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Let's face it.  We've been through this before... Certain posters are going to try their hardest to freak out.  I have just come to the conclusion that these posters just cannot be happy at all.  They are negative during these stretches.  They were negative during our winning streaks (or dormant).  Some people just have to take the negative approach to life which is really sad.  I feel for them.

Yeah....8 scholarship players with several issues with some of them is certainly optimal heading into year 6.   My bad for not wearing blinders.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

I just really wish I knew what was going on. Is Miles really the king of bad breaks or is there something seriously wrong with the program he runs.

Well... from what we all have heard, he doesn't give into players who want to do things they can't.  Especially this year.

Horne- Don't know about him as much as the others, but probably wanted more PT.  Think he thinks he deserved more this year.

Morrow- Wanted to be a stretch 4/wing combo type player.  Not going to happen.  Sorry kid.

Jacobson- Upset he got told to stop shooting 3's.  Vocal leader, but stats don't lie like some people say.