Jacobson Gone?

hskr4life

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

Anybody else curious about Jacobson's comments a season ago about AW-III leaving NU. Hmmmmmmmm.

Not really, lots of things can change in a year. Looks like they did for MJ. If it had been just him, maybe, but that's not the case.

Edited by uneblinstu

Time to hire a coach who inspires his players and instills loyalty -- a coach players respect and want to play for. It may not happen this year, but it needs to happen, or the cycle will simply continue. I am not talking about coddling players. I'm talking about forming a real, substantive bond with them.

I'm not saying we should hire Craig Smith, but I would absolutely cite him as an example of a coach who truly forms strong bonds with his players and inspires them. Miles is not that kind of coach.

Meh, I have a hard time caring anymore.  The excuses for Miles have gone out the window.  It's no longer "we are young" "we are inexperienced" "keep the core group around."  He's either going to get it done next year or he's not.  By this time next year, I'm sure there will be some who don't agree in regards to cutting him loose but they won't have a leg to stand on.  At that point, it should be very easy to pull the plug.  A very strong summer in recruiting would be nice but with the dark cloud continuing to hover over the program that's probably doubtful.   

I said it before but it bares repeating: Morrow and Jacobson were front-runners to be next year's team captain(s).  Their transfers are a huge indictment of Miles, and two more in a growing list of key contributors who have left early.

Time to give Coach Lewis the keys to the program on an interim basis and stop the hemorrhaging.  

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Meh, I have a hard time caring anymore.  The excuses for Miles have gone out the window.  It's no longer "we are young" "we are inexperienced" "keep the core group around."  He's either going to get it done next year or he's not.  By this time next year, I'm sure there will be some who don't agree in regards to cutting him loose but they won't have a leg to stand on.  At that point, it should be very easy to pull the plug.  A very strong summer in recruiting would be nice but with the dark cloud continuing to hover over the program that's probably doubtful.   

Their leg to stand was gone this year, they just didn't know it.  Instead of passing the program off to a new coach at a time when he'd still had some talent to work with, we waited for Miles to chase everybody off.  It's ludicrous.  And it's not even like this is a "well, hindsight's 20/20" scenario.  I said this was likely to happen back before the conference tourney even started, and I know I wasn't the only one.