I miss The Bob and the Big 12

PimpMario

If we are going to remain the lovable losers in a basketball I kinda wish we still had the Bob. I accepted the the PBA as a necessary evil to get good and increase attendance; at least one of those has happened.

Plus the PBA just doesn't feel like the Huskers own it either in terms of atmosphere or record. It feels corporaty to me. And I miss cheaper concessions and Val's at every concession stand.

Wisconsin Purdue and MSU just don't get my blood flowing like playing Kansas, KSU, ISU, Texas, etc.

Tl:Dr In short I miss playing Kansas at the Bob

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Never agreed with a post more than this one.  I have missed the Big 12 since the day we left.  The Big 10 is just boring in all aspects to me.  

Also, as much as I love PBA, I miss everything about going to the Bob for home games.  There was just something about it that was special.  Bigger doesn't always mean better

Pimp would it feel different if the last few years hadn't ended in major thuds?  Let's say we move to PBA, Miles takes us dancing and we win a game.  Let's say we get better and go dancing a couple more times in the last 4 years?  I get what you're saying as I have yet to embrace Big 10 football.  Having to cheer for what I once made so much fun of sucks.

Pimp would it feel different if the last few years hadn't ended in major thuds?  Let's say we move to PBA, Miles takes us dancing and we win a game.  Let's say we get better and go dancing a couple more times in the last 4 years?  I get what you're saying as I have yet to embrace Big 10 football.  Having to cheer for what I once made so much fun of sucks.

Of course it would feel different, but we still suck. But since we suck I can't help but feel it was all for nothing

Yeah I've been a fanatic for a long time. Moving to PBA and "getting good" that one year almost made me feel like I was losing "my team". Hear me out. It's what I always wanted, but PBA opened, "fans" who didn't really know what was going on flooded through the doors, and suddenly it was cool to like the team that had been an unmentionable from basically 1999-2011. 

National attention, popular new coach, top notch facilities all led to...expectations that were before just a hope for maybe someday. 

And then we made the tournament. We had the Big Ten coach of the year. National coach of the year. More expectations. It's all a good thing. It's what we always wanted and needed to have here but it doesn't make the task any easier.

There was something about going to the Bob because you knew the few thousand that were there understood.

I've been a NU hoops fan for a long time and I never want to go back to the Bob again.

It was a venue that was so out of place with everything NU teams played in it was laughable. I don't miss that place at all. What they've turned it into for volleyball is remarkable and is a terrific venue for them. That was never the case for hoops.

27 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I miss the Bob from pre-Byrne days.   Once the bleachers left on the floor it was different 

I always felt the same way.  Things seemed different without the bleacher floor seating for the students.  It really felt different for the high school state tournament.  I like the PBA but I think the Bob was better for watching a game.  

43 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I miss the popcorn at the Bob and I miss the parking issues at the Bob, those issues were small in comparison to trying to get out of the parking lots at the PBA :)

All u gotta do is have one drink at Gate after the game.  Just one.  And then u cruise right out of the garages or lots.  

I miss the Bob too!  I miss having nowhere near by to eat or drink before the game.  I miss parking in a farm lot and having to walk 6 blocks in the cold to go to a game.  I miss sitting on a wooden bench to watch the games.  I miss having to wait in line forever to get something to eat and drink.  I miss the tight concoarses leaving the arena.  I definitely miss peeing in a stained trough.  I miss the one way exit out of said farm parking lot.  Other than that I'm happy for PBA!

I think it would be cool if they picked one game each year, or maybe every few years (don't want to get too crazy) and played it at the Colosseum. Give the game that special Camden Stadium/Allen Fieldhouse flavor for one game.  Season ticket holders could get their seats by way of a lottery system.

2 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

I think it would be cool if they picked one game each year, or maybe every few years (don't want to get too crazy) and played it at the Colosseum. Give the game that special Camden Stadium/Allen Fieldhouse flavor for one game.  Season ticket holders could get their seats by way of a lottery system.

Maybe this is how we finally beat the Incarnate Words and Samfords of the hoops world...

Awesome idea. I would be so down! I am sure lottery would have to be weighted for big donors.

9 hours ago, hal9000 said:

I would vote NO.  Although I was there the last year of the old coliseum, and it was fun and it was rowdy, I have no desire to go back.  Besides, the place may not be fun and rowdy, it would be dependent upon who would get the tickets.