Nebraska with a legit 10-man rotation next season?!

I also don't know why Petteway would start over Gallegos, Rivers, Fuller. He did not do much at Texas Tech.

Lots of guys dont do well as freshmen that go on to have big careers.  Jared Berggren at Wisconsin averaged 1.2 and 2.4 points his first two years before blowing up last season.  Some guys need an adjustment period from being the man to being a team player.  They also have to adjust to strength and a tougher daily schedule.  I think with a grooming year for Petteway and Pitchford i think you will see much better products than they were as freshmen elsewhere.

Yea. I just didn't think it made sense to move our leading scorer (Gallegos) to the bench in favor of Petteway.

It does if he is a more consistant shooter, better scorer, more athletic, and better defender.  I'm not saying that Petteway is better than Gallegos in any of these catagories but my point is that Miles is going to look for guys who can score so we can score over 50 points a game and compete at this level.  Gallegos is very inconsistant with his shooting so if Petteway is a much more consistant shooter, I don't automatically leave Gallegos in my lineup next year just because he was my leading scoring last year. 

It will be interesting to see how Rey adapts next year.   Shots that are good shots for him to take this year will not necessarily be the same next year when we have more scoring options.  Miles I believe correctly tells him to fire with a green light mentality this year.  Not sure that should be the case next year and I doubt it will be. 

I think Ray will be better and shoot a higher percentage next year. There will be more scoring threats for opponents to guard and should give him more open looks. He's shooting a lot of guarded and tightly contested shots this year. Have a hard time seeing a scenario he doesn't start again next year.

There's more assumptions being made in this thread than I can handle... Players included who aren't even on the commit list, freshman starting, senior leading scorers getting bumped from the line-up. Geesh.  

We're also counting our chickens before they hatch on our players sitting out.  And quite frankly, I haven't heard a ton of great things about Pritchford or Biggs anyways.  Most of the good things I hear are about Pettiway.  

What do you guys think of this rotation for Nebraska next season?:

STARTERS:

PG: Webster                      6’3”, 185 lbs

SG: Shields                        6’6”, 215 lbs

SF: Petteway                     6’6”, 210 lbs

PF: Atewe*                        6’9”, 230 lbs

C: Pitchford                        6’10”, 230 lbs

1st OFF BENCH:

PG: Biggs                             6’0”, 175 lbs

SG: Gallegos                       6’2”, 185 lbs

SF: Fuller                              6’7”, 195 lbs

PF: Rivers                            6’7”, 195 lbs

C: Vucetic                            7’1”, 240 lbs

*Atewe is obviously not committed to Nebraska, but since all of this is hypothetical anyway, I figured I would add him in there, because it seems that Nebraska has a decent shot to land him.

---This starting rotation would be SICK and would be filled with incredibly long players, which would be just as advantageous on the defensive side of the court as it would be on offense.  A defense that starts 6’3”, 6’6”, 6’6”, 6’9”, and 6’10” could cause nightmares for opposing offenses.  Also, few teams have SG that is as active rebounding as Shields has been for Nebraska.  I think this would be another HUGE advantage for the Huskers defensively by limiting the opportunity of second chance points for opposing offenses.  I think Shields would also cause problems for players trying to guard him on the other end of the floor, because he is also much more active in the paint offensively than most SG are.

---In this scenario, I could also see Gallegos starting in place of Webster, because he has more in-game experience, so Webster would then take his spot in the second unit.  Either way, this would be a LEGIT 10-man rotation for the Huskers.  I could see Nebraska jumping from #10 or #11 in the Big Ten conference this season up to  the top half of the Big Ten conference as soon as next season. It’s crazy to think that Nebraska will go from being a team with no depth and a shortage of scholarship players to a team with a legitimate 10-man rotation in the span of only one season.

---I would not be surprised to see Parker transfer after this season.  He doesn’t seem to be getting it on either the offensive or defensive side of the ball.  I can’t imagine that he would stick around if he didn’t find himself in Nebraska’s top-10 player rotation and with as heavy as this team is at the guard position, there are only so many minutes to go around…Not saying that I want this to happen, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

I agree 100% that Parker may transfer after the season.