Surprised nobody posted this yet: Jordy

Jordy projected as one of BTN's breakout players for next season.

"Jordy Tshimanga, Nebraska. He gained confidence throughout his freshman year, and he is willing to put the time and effort in this offseason to continue his improvement as a sophomore." – BTN analyst Shon Morris

http://btn.com/2017/04/02/look-ahead-to-2017-18-mens-basketball-season-breakout-player/

I think their analysis is dead-on.

I think Jordy will be the best center we've had since Aleks Maric.  And, in the end, might be even better than Maric.

In my never-to-be-humble opinion, the combo of Jordy and Isaac (word is recovery from surgery is going well) represent a major upgrade from Ed and Mike.  No offense to Mike and Ed, but you've got size with Jordy and skill with Isaac that our starters this year really couldn't match.

I'm predicting Isaiah will elevate his game and become a full-time starter at the wing.  He'll have to be better than part-time starter Jack McVeigh, who I also think will be better than his sophomore self.  So, upgrade there.

Glynn will continue to improve.  We just need to find a replacement for Tai.  And maybe that guy will be James Palmer if his grades are OK; otherwise, maybe he is a juco player whom we've offered.  They might not be complete replacements for Tai, but they don't necessarily have to be, either.  

I wish Ed had chosen to stay, but I think he would have been relegated to a back-up role, and that seems to be consistent with what the BTN guys are expecting also.

3 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Both Jordy and Isaiah will be much better.  I would also love to see Isaiah stay healthy and put on another 25 lbs of muscle. 

Twenty-five pounds is a lot to ask in one summer, unless you're like me and it's all bacon weight.

But I could easily see him going from 214# to 225#.  Most important thing for Isaiah aside from staying healthy is that he need to groove his shot so that he's knocking them down from deep at or near a 40% rate.

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Twenty-five pounds is a lot to ask in one summer, unless you're like me and it's all bacon weight.

But I could easily see him going from 214# to 225#.  Most important thing for Isaiah aside from staying healthy is that he need to groove his shot so that he's knocking them down from deep at or near a 40% rate.

I would take 35% or so if he has the confidence to take an open shot.  It looked to me (my wife will tell you I have been wrong before so I could be here) that the light might have come on late this year for him.  Really liked how he was playing down the stretch.

Edited by colhusker

16 minutes ago, colhusker said:

I would take 35% or so if he has the confidence to take an open shot.  It looked to me (my wife will tell you I have been wrong before so I could be here) that the light might have come on late this year for him.  Really liked how he was playing down the stretch.

Agreed.  He needs the confidence to shoot when he's relatively open.  Which he was many times this past season where he passed up shots.  Got to take those and be able to nail better than a third of them.  At least 3 of every 8 attempts (.375) and I think that's doable.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Nana develops the handles to play Tai's role. Nana is super athletic, looks lean and quick and can really shoot the 3. Just needs to improve his dribbling. I remember one high level tournament he played in and had 0 turnovers for the tournament so he must have pretty good handles and at least serviceable passing..