GATA

New Mexico a landing spot for Miles?

166 posts in this topic

Take it for what it's worth but this has legs.  Maybe even announced Tuesday.  Miles had a ton of success in that conference and he knows he is on thin ice here. We have apparently already reached out to someone for replacement. 

4 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

It must be happening guys!!!!!!  Eric said so.... :ph34r:

Not until Rosenthal tweets it is it official.

18 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Not until Rosenthal tweets it is it official.

This has to be one of the most elegantly executed April fools routines of all time.

Before everyone gets too happy, remember Jordy said if Miles were gone so was he.  If that's the case we will be without a center for 2017-18.    I really hope Crean isn't the next in line.   Why would players come to Nebraska with a coach that couldn't get them to Indiana.   At least at his previous stops they actually had some success in the past unlike our 

program.   Let's just go on our usual 5-6 yrs jaunt between coaches.   Love them the first 2 years, worry the next two years, and then complain and fire them in the fifth or sixth year.  rinse and repeat.   

Just to be clear.... I was being verrrry sarcastic.  I believe Eric in Scottsdale as much as I believe in unicorns.

Starting over from 12-18 in a weak Big Ten is not exactly falling off Mt Everest and having to climb all the way back up. 

Posted (edited)

At Nebraska, you have to close your eyes to the win loss record...until year 8....in my opinion.... two full recruiting cycles to build a program...

Edited by Blindcheck

1 hour ago, Blindcheck said:

At Nebraska, you have to close your eyes to the win loss record...until year 8....in my opinion.... two full recruiting cycles to build a program...

I'm beginning to buy this idea. Six years hasn't worked for anyone so far

if miles left i think we could get crean, and I am pretty sure crean would be an upgrade. 2 big 10 championships, 3 sweet 16s, 1 final 4.

though i don't see miles leaving unless glynn leaves... but some people are saying glynn leaving is a real possibility.

23 hours ago, GATA said:

Miles had success in the MWC which fans in New Mexico will remember. He also built a program up unlike Neal who killed off what Alford ran down.

Thus when you round up the usual suspects of coaches, Miles showing up for New Mexico makes sense.

I haven't even been in the state of Nebraska since Neal got canned so no idea if there is any validity to this way too convenient premise of Miles to New Mexico and someone else here

I think a more likely move would be Boehm retiring,  Miles moving to that spot, and Eichorst hiring a new coach.  I don't see either happening. 

I'm sure one of you guys can come up with it. But it's a video/audio clip from football follies of a football coach (possibly Vince Lombardi) saying "What the hell is going around here?!"

My opinion is (and has been) that Coach Miles is going nowhere voluntarily.  He committed to this program, and his extended family is close.  If he eventually is fired, then he will be on the market, until then, I won't believe it until I see it.

2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

We're safe!  No Miles to New Mexico.

How much of that $20.7 is going to the new players that we will be bringing in so that we turn this wwwwwwwaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy around and quickly.<_<

I snooped on the NM basketball message board to see if there was any real smoke here. Seems like guys like Dooley and Gottfried are in the mix.......there would be riots if Miles was picked over those guys. Lets spend our time on how were gonna replace Ed and Tai's minutes and how were gonna find a 3 point threat. 

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

joke all you guys want but Miles to New Mexico is pretty real. 

I'm not saying it's not a possibility. Just don't think it's that strong of one. I've read several articles this morning out of the state of New Mexico, all seem to mention Miles as a possible replacement, along with MANY others.  I guess I'm just not sold on the fact that Miles would except the position if offered, nor do I believe that the A.D. at New Mexico will come to the conclusion that Miles is "the guy" to lead their program! 

Edited by Lifetimesker