New Mexico a landing spot for Miles?

GATA

On March 10, the day after UNM’s 2016-17 season came to an end with loss to Fresno State in the Mountain West Tournament quarterfinals, Krebs sent out a statement announcing Neal would return next season as head coach.

“In order to end speculation, I’m announcing that Craig Neal will return and coach the men’s basketball team next season,” Krebs wrote in a prepared statement.

Three weeks later, and after four Lobo players with eligibility remaining announced they were transferring and with two more thinking about doing the same, it became apparent the fan base was desperate to force the hand of the administration and make it revisit the situation.

https://www.abqjournal.com/980634/neal-is-out-as-unm-basketball-coach.html

3 hours ago, nustudent said:

Dont believe this will go down or any validity to it

Would probably be the best possible outcome for everyone though if it did.

It's certainly not the best possible outcome for me. I'm not getting any younger. Starting over with a new coach doesn't guarantee success and puts the timetable for when we can expect that new coach to succeed that many more years down the road. 

I am led to understand that no further transfers are anticipated. That would obviously change if there is a coaching change here. If there is no coaching change and if there are no further transfers, which is what I understand the case to be, then I think this is a tournament team that we will have next year. 

It would have been better with Ed Morrow, but I still think it is a tournament team even without him. If that turns out not to be the case, and we don't make the dance, then Miles will almost certainly be gone. But I'd like to have an opportunity to see what this team would do with the pieces we will have next year.

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

It's certainly not the best possible outcome for me. I'm not getting any younger. Starting over with a new coach doesn't guarantee success and puts the timetable for when we can expect that new coach to succeed that many more years down the road. 

I am led to understand that no further transfers are anticipated. That would obviously change if there is a coaching change here. If there is no coaching change and if there are no further transfers, which is what I understand the case to be, then I think this is a tournament team that we will have next year. 

It would have been better with Ed Morrow, but I still think it is a tournament team even without him. If that turns out not to be the case, and we don't make the dance, then Miles will almost certainly be gone. But I'd like to have an opportunity to see what this team would do with the pieces we will have next year.

I'll bet you some scratch if no other players transfer and Miles is not retained they won't make the tournament.

The only way Miles is going anywhere is if he gets canned. He's not just going to pick up and go to New Mexico (New Mexico? for Christs sakes) and Crean AINT comin to Nebraska, no way, no how. It all strikes me as "fake newsish" or the wild rantings of a "D" list scribe.