New Mexico a landing spot for Miles?

GATA

2 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

How far in advance does basketball set up the schedules?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Of course...the ACC/Big 10 challenge is mandatory, the Creighton game is an annual thing and the tourney out West was done a couple years in advance.   A lot of the other games are set up no more than a year in advance....maybe 2.   If memory serves...the KU contract was just finalized, or at least, publicized in the offseason.

7 minutes ago, nustudent said:

My guess is he probably would've delayed the KU series a year.   The other games....were mandatory or scheduled long in advance

Really?  I didn't realize that.  Given that  football games are starting to be schedules for 2023 and beyond and the schedules are pretty much set for the next few years.  Husker Basketball...we don't know the schedule for any given year until until sometime after the prior season is over with. 

Just now, Nighthawk said:

Really?  I didn't realize that.  Given that  football games are starting to be schedules for 2023 and beyond and the schedules are pretty much set for the next few years.  Husker Basketball...we don't know the schedule for any given year until until sometime after the prior season is over with. 

Yes...football games are scheduled long in advance.  

We know probably 6-7 games that we will have this upcoming year...but most of the patsies are scheduled the year of.

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Yes...football games are scheduled long in advance.  

We know probably 6-7 games that we will have this upcoming year...but most of the patsies are scheduled the year of.

ok...well the KU/NU series was announced March 1st.  that's why I was wondering...lol...and I don't consider them a patsies..Who else do we know...and when exactly are we playing them?  I just tried googling the 2017-2018 schedule and zip. (Creighton and KU aside). Looking at the 2017-2018 board here...the only games so far are a couple of tournaments (which do require more advanced scheduling) and Creighton and KU. So I'm just trying to figure who we have scheduled so far out. 

5 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:

ok...well the KU/NU series was announced March 1st.  that's why I was wondering...lol...and I don't consider them a patsies..Who else do we know...and when exactly are we playing them?  I just tried googling the 2017-2018 schedule and zip. (Creighton and KU aside). Looking at the 2017-2018 board here...the only games so far are a couple of tournaments (which do require more advanced scheduling) and Creighton and KU. So I'm just trying to figure who we have scheduled so far out. 

As of March 7, this is everything that was known at the time (Coach Miles directly stated this):

neut. Advocare Invitational (Orlando): West Virginia, St. John's, Missouri, Oregon State, Central Florida, Long Beach State, Marist

vs. Kansas

at Creighton

vs. Big East Challenge

TBD ACC Challenge (new contract)... Coach Miles "[a home or away ACC challenge game] will determine some of our other schedule"

8 minutes ago, rr52 said:

According to "LoboLair" a NMU message board they confirmed that MIles has been contacted. About 95% of replies are against the hire.

Not that this is what happened but it's possible to contact Miles' agent without technically contacting Tim. 

This is ESPECIALLY true if that contact was via a tweet.  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here is the LJS article in full...

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/miles-squashes-new-mexico-rumors/article_0105c73e-56af-5207-9570-ad6d7278fa4c.html

Miles said he met with his players Monday to discuss a number of topics, among them the speculation about his job.

"I actually met with our guys for a long time today about, you have to ignore noise. And with so much more media available to everybody nowadays, there’s less factual stuff out there, quite frankly, in my mind," Miles said. "And I’m not on social media. And so I miss out on a lot of that. Although I don’t miss it."

Miles famously signed off from Twitter in mid-December after Nebraska's home loss to Gardner-Webb. He hasn't tweeted since Dec. 18.

Pause
Current Time 0:00
/
Duration Time 0:00
Remaining Time -0:00
Stream TypeLIVE
Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00
Fullscreen

00:00
Mute
Playback Rate

"Any time you hear rumors and speculation about your livelihood, your career, it's disappointing. It's unfortunate," Miles said. "(But) it's part of the business."

11 minutes ago, Tallbaby21 said:

Barfkneckt "Just moments after Miles’ first text, The World-Herald got a call from a former Division I coach claiming Miles had interviewed twice with Krebs."

Pretty selective snippet from  the article.   More denials of that scenario in the article than support for it. 

58 minutes ago, HB said:

Pretty selective snippet from  the article.   More denials of that scenario in the article than support for it. 

5 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Same WH article: 

“That’s funny stuff,’’ Miles texted. “Only interviews have been with media.’’

Earlier Monday, an employee at New Mexico who asked for anonymity said there was no evidence of any contact between Miles and the school.

Did either of them state "Just saying" at the end of their comments to the media?

21 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Same WH article: 

“That’s funny stuff,’’ Miles texted. “Only interviews have been with media.’’

Earlier Monday, an employee at New Mexico who asked for anonymity said there was no evidence of any contact between Miles and the school.

"There's no evidence"

"The glove does not fit"