Crying time is over

Huskerpapa

I'd have the 2nd PG being the top need. Miles likes to play 2 PGs. Nebraska currently has 1 on the roster.

Then I'd go with the 2-guard. Sharp Shooter.

Big to be able to play right away. Grad transfer like a Donnal. It's a big need, I would just prefer top-notch guards who can contribute more over time. This big can be a 1-year wonder (if there such a thing in late-March...)

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

I'd have the 2nd PG being the top need. Miles likes to play 2 PGs. Nebraska currently has 1 on the roster.

Then I'd go with the 2-guard. Sharp Shooter.

Big to be able to play right away. Grad transfer like a Donnal. It's a big need, I would just prefer top-notch guards who can contribute more over time. This big can be a 1-year wonder (if there such a thing in late-March...)

Forgive my ignorance, but who is Donnal?

When we made the Tourney in 2014, I thought (& I wasn't alone) that we were entering an era of sustained excellence/relevance. Well, 3 losing seasons later, here we are. Feeling really beat down today by the steady drip, drip, drip of bad news. Have to remind myself that as of next Tuesday, everyone is 0 -0

23 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

When we made the Tourney in 2014, I thought (& I wasn't alone) that we were entering an era of sustained excellence/relevance. Well, 3 losing seasons later, here we are. Feeling really beat down today by the steady drip, drip, drip of bad news. Have to remind myself that as of next Tuesday, everyone is 0 -0

IMO, FWIW, I think if either Andrew White had chosen to stay OR we hadn't signed ourselves up for such a grueling non-con (which we wouldn't have if we'd known Andrew was jumping ship) I think our players would have won more games and been more confident heading into conference play.

We need to get momentum on our side next year.

43 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

IMO, FWIW, I think if either Andrew White had chosen to stay OR we hadn't signed ourselves up for such a grueling non-con (which we wouldn't have if we'd known Andrew was jumping ship) I think our players would have won more games and been more confident heading into conference play.

We need to get momentum on our side next year.

I'd agree we would have had a better record.   Doesn't excuse the record we had though.

3 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Ed, Nick and Jeriah are gone.  Image result for crying emoticon

Okay, it is time to move on, the crying time has passed.  I posted the following in another thread, I will start a new thread with the following as the topic:

We have three openings.  What are our primary player needs:

*  We need a sniper; a shooter who can fill it up on a consistent basis

*  We need a back-up center.  It was going to be Jordy and Ed.  Ed is gone, so Jordy needs a back up.  I also predict Jordy will be exponentially better next year. 

*  We need a back-up PG.  Arguably our current back-ups are Isaiah and Evan.  Perhaps the back-up PG could be an elite shooter as well.

Losing the three aforementioned players create somewhat of a dumpster fire attitude.  Panic, anger, moaning, b*tching occur when players leave, especially if they were contributors.  But whether we want to believe it or not, transfers occur everywhere.  I went through my angst; it is now time to rally behind our staff, our team and our program.  Sorry, just had to get this off my chest.

The fifth stage of grief is acceptance. 

7 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Ed, Nick and Jeriah are gone.  Image result for crying emoticon

Okay, it is time to move on, the crying time has passed.  I posted the following in another thread, I will start a new thread with the following as the topic:

We have three openings.  What are our primary player needs:

*  We need a sniper; a shooter who can fill it up on a consistent basis

*  We need a back-up center.  It was going to be Jordy and Ed.  Ed is gone, so Jordy needs a back up.  I also predict Jordy will be exponentially better next year. 

*  We need a back-up PG.  Arguably our current back-ups are Isaiah and Evan.  Perhaps the back-up PG could be an elite shooter as well.

Losing the three aforementioned players create somewhat of a dumpster fire attitude.  Panic, anger, moaning, b*tching occur when players leave, especially if they were contributors.  But whether we want to believe it or not, transfers occur everywhere.  I went through my angst; it is now time to rally behind our staff, our team and our program.  Sorry, just had to get this off my chest.

your post assumes nobody else is transferring. 36 hours ago, nobody would have thought ed was leaving.

there's no guarantee that the roster turnover has ended. we have 5 months until fall semester starts.

we just have to hope for the best, but it isn't looking good for miles right now.

I am hoping the negative crap is now at an end.  I worry that we will lose Michael Lewis to Indiana.  I worry that once Ed left his other Illinois brothers could pack up and leave.  Heck who knows what may occur over the next several weeks.  Yet, that said, a bunch of good things could occur over the next month or so as well.  We could get positive news on Copeland.  We could learn that Palmer is good to go.  We could learn that a back up center is on the way.  We could find out that we have two new snipers coming in, one or both of whom will be a PG. 

Yeah, I am p*ssed that Ed is leaving.  What am I going to do?  Should I give up my six season tickets for basketball...I've missed only one home game since 1984,  So that ain't happening.  I've put up with the peaks and valleys of this program longer than most "fans" have been alive.  Soooo, am I upset, am I disappointed, am I hurt, am I confused...yup.  But I move on.

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I am hoping the negative crap is now at an end.  I worry that we will lose Michael Lewis to Indiana.  I worry that once Ed left his other Illinois brothers could pack up and leave.  Heck who knows what may occur over the next several weeks.  Yet, that said, a bunch of good things could occur over the next month or so as well.  We could get positive news on Copeland.  We could learn that Palmer is good to go.  We could learn that a back up center is on the way.  We could find out that we have two new snipers coming in, one or both of whom will be a PG. 

Yeah, I am p*ssed that Ed is leaving.  What am I going to do?  Should I give up my six season tickets for basketball...I've missed only one home game since 1984,  So that ain't happening.  I've put up with the peaks and valleys of this program longer than most "fans" have been alive.  Soooo, am I upset, am I disappointed, am I hurt, am I confused...yup.  But I move on.

Keep on keeping on. GBR

Just waiting for Shawn to pull the plug on a guy that just went 12-19 in his fifth season, loses an assistant coach every season despite paying good $, keeps losing starters off his roster and has no upward trend for season 6. I was sort of on board for one more year until this morrow thing. I'm like a girlfriend finally realizing her boy friend is always going to be a living in his parents basement, smoking pot, and working at Mr. Goodcents. 

3 minutes ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

Do you have anything of substance that Shawn is even halfway thinking about making a change?

With everyone at the Final 4 it's not going to be this weekend there is zero chance he's getting fired this weekend. I'd say @DOATHLON is blinding hoping here vs knowing. I'm not saying this is wrong or right, but clarifying what type of smoke you're seeing here.  If I"m wrong, let me know.