Crying time is over

Huskerpapa

Within the next several days I am going to either be very saddened, or very happy as a result of what will transpire within the Husker basketball team.  I have heard rumors yet I hold on to hope for positive development.  I started this thread by hoping and praying the crying time is over.  I hope that will be true at this point next week.

Alright, here's a legit chance at trying to be optimistic.  

I don't think any of our 4 transfers have actually signed anywhere else.  Well what if we part ways with Miles this week and quickly find a replacement, and said replacement convinces Morrow/Horne/MJ to come back?  That's not that outlandish of a stretch.  Heck, one of Doc's first acts as HC was to fly to Australia and convince Aleks Maric to reconsider transferring.  If Doc can do it, then why couldn't the new coach?  Especially since all three of those players are leaving based on disagreeing with Miles' use of the players, rather than actually wanting to get out of Nebraska.  It may not be too late!

Just now, aphilso1 said:

I don't think any of our 4 transfers have actually signed anywhere else.  Well what if we part ways with Miles this week and quickly find a replacement, and said replacement convinces Morrow/Horne/MJ to come back?  That's not that outlandish of a stretch.  Heck, one of Doc's first acts as HC was to fly to Australia and convince Aleks Maric to reconsider transferring.  If Doc can do it, then why couldn't the new coach?  Especially since all three of those players are leaving based on disagreeing with Miles' use of the players, rather than actually wanting to get out of Nebraska.  It may not be too late!

Doc and Alecs was an exception. Most new coaches are fine with guys leaving, they get a free pass while they redo the roster.

I don't think Eichorst is going to do anything anyway. He'd look like an idiot if he fired Miles now, since it would make it obvious that he failed to check the pulse of the team at the end of the season. Although he could fire Boehm too and blame him for not knowing what was going on with the players.

5 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

That's my hope.   Have no faith or belief it happens though

Just now, Chuck Taylor said:

Doc and Alecs was an exception. Most new coaches are fine with guys leaving, they get a free pass while they redo the roster.

I don't think Eichorst is going to do anything anyway. He'd look like an idiot if he fired Miles now, since it would make it obvious that he failed to check the pulse of the team at the end of the season. Although he could fire Boehm too and blame him for not knowing what was going on with the players.

I think your last sentence is plausible.

7 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

In my eyes, they've quit on Nebraska already.

22 minutes ago, BirdsOnTheBat said:

If they don't want to play the style the coach has chosen, let them get the hell out.

What style is that exactly? Unless Miles lands a number of high profile 5th seniors this offseason our style will look the same. Bad basketball. Or are we talking GATA ball? That seems to have went out the window when Molinari landed in Lincoln. 

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

What style is that exactly? Unless Miles lands a number of high profile 5th seniors this offseason our style will look the same. Bad basketball. Or are we talking GATA ball? That seems to have went out the window when Molinari landed in Lincoln. 

Think he was referring to Ed wanting to be a wing and not do the down low work like we needed him to.  Or Michael to not shoot threes... like he wanted to.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Think he was referring to Ed wanting to be a wing and not do the down low work like we needed him to.  Or Michael to not shoot threes... like he wanted to.

I dont buy the wing excuse at all on Ed.  Willing to bet he'll be a post wherever he ends up.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

All the above may be true. The truth probably lies in the middle. But, none of it helps us win games next year so I don't really care as to what the WHY is. When/if Miles team tanks again next season...saying well, "Jacobson wanted to shoot threes" is not going to be his saving grace. If the above is true, Miles should have done a better job on the recruiting trail when recruiting the above players. 

46 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

If the coach isn't honest with recruits about what their roles on the team will be, then let him get the hell out.

aphilso do you really think Miles told Ed he would be a wing with the skill set he has?  If so, they I am more worried about Miles Xs and Os.  It is clear Ed is not a wing.

Just now, colhusker said:

aphilso do you really think Miles told Ed he would be a wing with the skill set he has?  If so, they I am more worried about Miles Xs and Os.  It is clear Ed is not a wing.

I think there's been a common trend among players that have left early, and that trend is that they are being used differently than they expected to be used.  Take from that what you will.  My personal takeaway (caveat: no inside knowledge) is that Miles has not been forthright with recruits about how he actually plans on utilizing/developing their skills.

Just now, aphilso1 said:

I think there's been a common trend among players that have left early, and that trend is that they are being used differently than they expected to be used.  Take from that what you will.  My personal takeaway (caveat: no inside knowledge) is that Miles has not been forthright with recruits about how he actually plans on utilizing/developing their skills.

Fair enough Miles clearly get some of the blame, but some has to fall on the kids not understanding their skills.  Jacobson wants to be a 3 pt shooter, based on what I've seen, well that is not his strength.  Ed thinks he's a wing, um yea no.

1 minute ago, colhusker said:

Fair enough Miles clearly get some of the blame, but some has to fall on the kids not understanding their skills.  Jacobson wants to be a 3 pt shooter, based on what I've seen, well that is not his strength.  Ed thinks he's a wing, um yea no.

Love the extremes.