Crying time is over

Huskerpapa

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay so then we have 4 guys gone and a coaching staff.  So then what happens?  Not trying to be a d-bag here just asking?

So lets say Morrow, Horne and (if rumors are true) Jacobson are given there release and we fired Miles, could they(if they wanted to) come back with out sitting out.

I doubt they would unless we got a special Coach in here... 

I would have fired Miles before more guys could leave... that being said Miles getting fired might make even more leave including recruits.

I just want to make it out of this thing without losing watson.

NICK FULLER

Everyone who is concerned about a bad culture within the program is counting him among the numbers of players transferring but why is nobody mentioning his name?  

Was he not a lunch pail kind of guy?

Was he not unselfish?  

What do all of you concerned fans have against Nick?

Do you not care that he left the program, too?

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

NICK FULLER

Everyone who is concerned about a bad culture within the program is counting him among the numbers of players transferring but why is nobody mentioning his name?  

Was he not a lunch pail kind of guy?

Was he not unselfish?  

What do all of you concerned fans have against Nick?

Do you not care that he left the program, too?

Norm he was a lunch pail kind of guy.  Difference is Jacobson and Morrow either started  or played major minutes, Nick did not.  Had it just been Nick and Horne and IF it's just Morrow then I think things calm down.  IF the rumors of Jacobson and Watson become reality then I think there is cause for concern.  Not sure we will get 3 serviceable bodies as it is now (I hope I eat crow on this).  Needing 4 or 5 spots filled is 40% of the roster and basically not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

So lets say Morrow, Horne and (if rumors are true) Jacobson are given there release and we fired Miles, could they(if they wanted to) come back with out sitting out.

I doubt they would unless we got a special Coach in here... 

I would have fired Miles before more guys could leave... that being said Miles getting fired might make even more leave including recruits.

I just want to make it out of this thing without losing watson.

Well what if he is the one guy who wants to stay because Miles is staying?  Then Tim goes and so does Glynn.

Hell it is all a big old crap shoot and none of us have the answer, we can only guess.

I look at each transfer and assess it both independently and as a piece in the whole puzzle -- in other words, both a micro and macro view. The Fuller transfer makes perfect sense and raises no red flags whatsoever in my book.

On the other hand, when you have a kid like MJ transfer, a guy who, by all accounts, is a blue collar type of kid who's not a big "me" guy, it raises questions, especially in the context of how the season ended and the general culture around the program, which I happen to believe is broken. 

I was told weeks ago by someone who talks to a couple of players to expect some key guys to leave if Miles were retained. That scenario is playing out exactly as he said it would, and I'm not sure we've seen the last of the transfers even with MJ.

Edited by Hooper

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I look at each transfer and assess it both independently and as a piece in the whole puzzle -- in other words, both a micro and macro view. The Fuller transfer makes perfect sense and raises no red flags whatsoever in my book.

On the other hand, when you have a kid like MJ transfer, a guy who, by all accounts, is a blue collar type of kid who's not a big "me" guy, it raises questions, especially in the context of how the season ended and the general culture around the program, which I happen to believe is broken. 

I was told weeks ago by someone who talks to a couple of players to expect some key guys to leave if Miles were retained. That scenario is playing out exactly as he said it would, and I'm not sure we've seen the last of the transfers even with MJ.

So Jacobson has now offically said he is gone?

1 hour ago, HB said:

If that's true that tells you the nature of the problem.  If Miles hadn't told him to stop shooting 3s he wouldn't be a basketball coach.   That's the whole point of coaching.  If we need to just let guys do what they want to do, even if you suck  at it, just go play at the rec center.   Give me a break.  

Probably one of the best coaching decisions Mile made last season.

8 hours ago, Hooper said:

Precisely.

Many on here were hoping Nick would transfer.  Free up some room.  He's had 4 years.  Let him graduate-transfer.  Blah blah blah.

Nick's last act as a Husker -- the act of leaving -- was almost the ultimate act of being a team player.  

So, the reason WHY a player is leaving is a relevant consideration.

So, what if I told you that people closer to the situation than I and not named Miles who normally think very highly of Michael are disappointed in him over this?

Again, think there is more to the AAU system giving kids a belief they are something they aren't or will never be on the basketball floor.  I really thought Jacobson was going to be a 4 or back up at 5 and do the little things that made the team better.  Shooting 3's was NOT making us a better team.  Him crashing the boards and getting put backs was.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/morrow-s-departure-puts-nu-recruiting-into-overdrive/article_cd9b3a95-4b2a-5572-b46f-9dbe28595e26.html

I wonder if Jacobson is aligned with Miles on how the coach sees him fit in the lineup:

Miles added that he would like to keep 6-foot-9 sophomore Michael Jacobson in a power forward role with 6-11 freshman Jordy Tshimanga playing center, though he liked the idea of Jacobson in the middle of a small lineup. But, "We still need another big guy to go with those two," he said.

6 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Okay so maybe we are finding out that this isn't all on Tim?  

And I ask only because of what is leaking out about these kids wanting to play this or that.

Don't care either way it just kind of seems like the inmates trying to run the jail maybe?

WHAT??? Kids today feeling entitled?

12 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

Hooper, not doubting your sources about MJ, but would you like to share with all of us your motive for leaking his transfer in a a public venue, just hours before it's supposedly going to be announced?  Yeah, I know, it's a message board.  But why not give the player the courtesy of announcing his intentions on his own terms?

Zero problem with anyone posting on here what they think is credible information like that.  To your point if a guy is transferring and it's leaking out everywhere before it happens, what courtesy exactly is owed? 

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Precisely.

Many on here were hoping Nick would transfer.  Free up some room.  He's had 4 years.  Let him graduate-transfer.  Blah blah blah.

Nick's last act as a Husker -- the act of leaving -- was almost the ultimate act of being a team player.  

So, the reason WHY a player is leaving is a relevant consideration.

So, what if I told you that people closer to the situation than I and not named Miles who normally think very highly of Michael are disappointed in him over this?

I agree with what you're saying, Norm - each transfer should be looked at on an individual basis. But we also need to consider the aggregate sum. 

We can probably explain away each individual transfer situation in a way that absolves the program of blame (or at least puts the majority of the blame on the player). 

But the frequency of high-value players transferring isn't acceptable or sustainable. And when the problem is chronic, isn't the leader is ultimately accountable?

Thank God I don't manage/lead 18-year-olds... and I feel for Miles and all coaches that have to deal with the egos... but that's kind of the nature of the beast. 

10 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

I agree with what you're saying, Norm - each transfer should be looked at on an individual basis. But we also need to consider the aggregate sum. 

We can probably explain away each individual transfer situation in a way that absolves the program of blame (or at least puts the majority of the blame on the player). 

But the frequency of high-value players transferring isn't acceptable or sustainable. And when the problem is chronic, isn't the leader is ultimately accountable?

Thank God I don't manage/lead 18-year-olds... and I feel for Miles and all coaches that have to deal with the egos... but that's kind of the nature of the beast. 

Well said.

20 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

I guess the question is, when is the anvil supposed to drop? That is, if there is an anvil coming down at all. This is beginning to sound like a "Danny Manning has contacted a realtor" type rumor.

Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by uneblinstu

12 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

But the frequency of high-value players transferring isn't acceptable or sustainable.

Don't some of the best teams churn through guys too though?

I get what you're saying though because it is troubling if you lose guys who are starters. I also get we don't have the talent level on this team where big replacement is better than stability.

At the end of the day, who will be the replacements?  I can handle losing guys if we're getting guys back at the same or higher level.

Just now, hhcdimes said:

Don't some of the best teams churn through guys too though?

I get what you're saying though because it is troubling if you lose guys who are starters. I also get we don't have the talent level on this team where big replacement is better than stability.

At the end of the day, who will be the replacements?  I can handle losing guys if we're getting guys back at the same or higher level.

They do.   But most don't lose like we lose.  

And it's safe to say we were going to struggle to fill Horne and Fuller's spots with quality players.   It's very easy to say that we are going to have a near impossible time breaking even at this point in replacing Jacobson and Morrow.