Crying time is over

Huskerpapa

6 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

I am soooo disappointed...it is hard to be a Husker fan at this moment. 

Not just a Husker fan.  Fans of 18-22 year olds who only care about their perceived self interest.  Transfer epidemic everywhere.  Team is no more.  Paying to watch individuals always wanting to get there's.  Probably going to do that less in the future, and with less zeal.  

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Not just a Husker fan.  Fans of 18-22 year olds who only care about their perceived self interest.  Transfer epidemic everywhere.  Team is no more.  Paying to watch individuals always wanting to get there's.  Probably going to do that less in the future, and with less zeal.  

For those more in the know, is the mass transfers a result of AAU programs and kids having a false sense of their worth?  I saw it happen with travel baseball where parents got the impression that their sons were better than they were and thus the boys did too.  Is that what we are seeing with basketball and AAU?

3 minutes ago, colhusker said:

For those more in the know, is the mass transfers a result of AAU programs and kids having a false sense of their worth?  I saw it happen with travel baseball where parents got the impression that their sons were better than they were and thus the boys did too.  Is that what we are seeing with basketball and AAU?

1.   College coaches feeding kids lines of shit when recruiting them

2.   Societal norm these days

3.   Cable/internet exposure for lesser known (I.e. Mid-majors) schools

4.   NCAA rules with grad transfers 

Happy players rarely transfer. I don't know why so many insist on blaming external factors for disgruntled players when the evidence of a culture problem within the program continues to mount.

The players clearly quit on this staff down the stretch and are now quitting on the program itself. Enough is enough. At what point is Miles culpable to you guys?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Happy players rarely transfer. I don't know why so many insist on blaming external factors for disgruntled players when the evidence of a culture problem within the program continues to mount.

The players clearly quit on this staff down the stretch and are now quitting on the program itself. Enough is enough. At what point is Miles culpable to you guys?

Sad thing is... unless you are getting it your way and exactly what you want... you are unhappy and transfer.  KU, Duke, ect. have transfers as well, so winning doesn't just solve a transfer problem.

Not saying something on the inside might not be going on, but it isn't a Nebraska culture problem... it is a NATIONAL culture problem.  I do not care how pissed you are, I do not care how much you think you know more than the coach.  If you quit on the staff and the program... then you quit on yourself.  Have some damn pride!

I could give a damn right now about Miles.  The culture problem is a national issue that lies in these kids.  If we were winning and we had these transfers, it would be a different story, and as you see from multiple examples already this year... winning does not solve the transfer problem.  

29 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Okay so let's say tomorrow SE holds a presser and says Tim is gone.  Do all thses guys suddenly say well guess I will stay.  We are were we are for a year and we will just have to live with what is going on.

36 minutes ago, Hooper said:

You have no idea what you're talking about. 

37 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Hooper, not doubting your sources about MJ, but would you like to share with all of us your motive for leaking his transfer in a a public venue, just hours before it's supposedly going to be announced?  Yeah, I know, it's a message board.  But why not give the player the courtesy of announcing his intentions on his own terms?

4 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

Hooper, not doubting your sources about MJ, but would you like to share with all of us your motive for leaking his transfer in a a public venue, just hours before it's supposedly going to be announced?  Yeah, I know, it's a message board.  But why not give the player the courtesy of announcing his intentions on his own terms?

It's not like Hooper is a member of the program (that I know of) leaking the information, and he's clearly not the only on posting who's heard it. I hear the rumors are on Twitter (though I don't have it). 

6 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

It's not like Hooper is a member of the program (that I know of) leaking the information, and he's clearly not the only on posting who's heard it. I hear the rumors are on Twitter (though I don't have it). 

He may be right about guys leaving, but looking at the number of guys leaving programs it's hard to think it is an issue only in Lincoln.

4 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

I really should have addressed my question to Hooper in the Morrow thread, to which he said:

"I'm also pretty certain that we'll be hearing about a Michael Jacobson transfer soon, possibly by tonight".

You could be right, nb10.  Just sounds like a pretty specific prediction on his part, like he knows, or thinks he knows something.

Guys, this is all over the Internet. The people who are saying it are extremely confident that it will be made public very soon. If it doesn't play out, then I'll obviously look pretty stupid. So be it.

I have no motive for posting it here other than to vent frustration to other fans about the state of the program we all love. As for stealing MJ's thunder by posting it here before he makes it public, if he's truly leaving, I don't give a crap about his feelings to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Guys, this is all over the Internet. The people who are saying it are extremely confident that it will be made public very soon. If it doesn't play out, then I'll obviously look pretty stupid. So be it.

I have no motive for posting it here other than to vent frustration to other fans about the state of the program we all love. As for stealing MJ's thunder by posting it here before he makes it public, if he's truly leaving, I don't give a crap about his feelings to be honest.

Hooper was not bashing you for posting what you did, just disagree with your assessment that kids leaving is only an issue here.  That said, agree when the best players continue to leave that is a red flag.

3 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Hooper was not bashing you for posting what you did, just disagree with your assessment that kids leaving is only an issue here.  That said, agree when the best players continue to leave that is a red flag.

The fact that it's starters who were most likely going to start next year is concerning. One was a legacy... both were lunch pail guys... neither were thought to have ego issues. 

Someone said kids transfr from Kansas and Duke and everywhere else... but starters?? 

*I get I'm jumping to conclusions (venting) before anything is official with MJ.