My guess is Miles will be fired this weekend

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Sorry but motivational speakers usually just motivate me to hate motivational speakers. The Gordon thing hit a nerve because I have hear about him all the time at work. You can call me an "Energy Vampire" if you want!

I commit fantasy suicide every time I hear any of the items referenced in this post.

Don't be a vampire today!

yeah, and you can go fondle yourself. 

8 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

You think SP was gonna fire Barry in August? C'mon now. He may have been a lame duck coach, but he wasn't fired.

No doubt he would have been fired after that season baring a miracle season. Barry was given a lifeline by Butler and he jumped, and in the process screwed Nebraska due to the timing. What's worse than replacing a coach every 6 years? Having a coach quit in August. SP should have just promoted Spinelli and given him the interim tag.

I make no apologies for the fact that I really liked Barry and was sad to see him go. It was great seeing him at a game a couple of seasons ago. However, like many other mid-major coaches who make the jump to a major conference, where both the expectations and competition are greater, he was unable to adjust. Barry could never settle on an offensive style and his overall recruiting was lack luster. Spinelli was our top recruiter and brought in all of our best players such as Aleks Maric and Ryan Anderson. 

If TM is fired at the end of next season Scott would be at the top of my coaching hire list. He is familiar with Nebraska and our unique challenges. His experience working with Turgeon and in major conferences would also be a plus. We have gone the mid-major route for our last 3 hires, so maybe it is time to go after a top assistant who has major conference experience.

52 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

No doubt he would have been fired after that season baring a miracle season. Barry was given a lifeline by Butler and he jumped, and in the process screwed Nebraska due to the timing. What's worse than replacing a coach every 6 years? Having a coach quit in August. SP should have just promoted Spinelli and given him the interim tag.

I make no apologies for the fact that I really liked Barry and was sad to see him go. It was great seeing him at a game a couple of seasons ago. However, like many other mid-major coaches who make the jump to a major conference, where both the expectations and competition are greater, he was unable to adjust. Barry could never settle on an offensive style and his overall recruiting was lack luster. Spinelli was our top recruiter and brought in all of our best players such as Aleks Maric and Ryan Anderson. 

If TM is fired at the end of next season Scott would be at the top of my coaching hire list. He is familiar with Nebraska and our unique challenges. His experience working with Turgeon and in major conferences would also be a plus. We have gone the mid-major route for our last 3 hires, so maybe it is time to go after a top assistant who has major conference experience.

I'm not disputing any of those things, but it doesn't make this true, either.

10 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Either you are very niave Sam or being deliberately obtuse?

• 2 weeks later...