My guess is Miles will be fired this weekend

Just now, colhusker said:

Well I for one love these "fire the coach weekends".  Given the weather was nice, I made myself a red beer, took laptop out to deck and hit refresh during the day!

I left the state. Thanks to everyone involved with or tracking Husker Basketball for not going YOLO on me.

44 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

God help us if we need to go through a coaching change this late in the game and this crucial of a recruiting period. 

Not ideal...but all depends on who we land.   It also gets out in front of what certainly appears to be inevitable next year.   May save us from more departures as well.  If a change is made, it just expedites the rebuilding period.   Means next year is your new foundation (with guys like Watson..hopefully, Copeland, Roby and Jordy) instead of in 2 years where some of those guys may not be around.  Also gives you a chance (albeit...unlikely) to re-recruit MJ, Ed and Horne and not have a bunch of reaches tying up roster spots for a few years and start recruiting for what should be a big class (graduate Gill and Taylor and have 4 spots open) in November.

Edited by nustudent

Not ideal...but all depends on who we land.   It also gets out in front of what certainly appears to be inevitable next year.   May save us from more departures as well.  If a change is made, it just expedites the rebuilding period.   Means next year is your new foundation (with guys like Watson..hopefully, Copeland, Roby and Jordy) instead of in 2 years where some of those guys may not be around.  Also gives you a chance (albeit...unlikely) to re-recruit MJ, Ed and Horne and not have a bunch of reaches tying up roster spots for a few years and start recruiting for what should be a big class (graduate Gill and Taylor and have 4 spots open) in November.

Miles is a lame duck coach. Is it better to start the rebuilding process now or in 2018 the day after we lose in the big 10 tournament?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Okay so is the plung, corkscrew, hard bank turns or are we clanking up the big hill in the middle of this roller coaster ride we call Nebrasketball 2016-2017?:blink:

It feels like we have been speeding down towards our death since the high point of no sit Sunday.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Assuming there is a fire behind all this smoke (big assumption, I know), I think if you're SE you have to be exceptionally careful to not settle on a Plan B or Plan C type of replacement.  If you can't land a bona fide improvement as a head coach, then slap the "interim" tag on Lewis and let it ride for a year.  If things pan out next season, then congrats because you look like a genius hiring The Next Big Thing and can make Lewis the permanent HC.  If they don't pan out, then you've got a whole season to send out feelers and try to land a great coach.  But unfortunately Eichorst has screwed the pooch every step along the way so he'll probably do the polar opposite.