My guess is Miles will be fired this weekend

Remember when Nick Saban didn't interview with Alabama and he was never going to leave the Dolphins? I sure do....it's also odd that all of a sudden Lee barfneckt writes an article about the "rumors", Miles publicly denies rumors, and a D1 coach says Miles interviewed twice. Ya, I'm sure nothing happened?

41 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Remember when Nick Saban didn't interview with Alabama and he was never going to leave the Dolphins? I sure do....it's also odd that all of a sudden Lee barfneckt writes an article about the "rumors", Miles publicly denies rumors, and a D1 coach says Miles interviewed twice. Ya, I'm sure nothing happened?

Sometimes it is better to just cut all losses and give it up.  We're all wrong sometimes... it happens.  Hell, I used to be mad when my 8th grade science hypothesis did not turn out right.  But that doesn't mean I kept using the same hypothesis over and over.

To all the experts out there in internet land.   How has Miles, the BIG coach of the year as well as the national coach of the year when the huskers went to the tourney, become such a bad coach a couple of years later.   If it is because of transfers than every coach in the U.S. has gotten worse, because I don't think anyone hasn't had at least a couple transfers in the last year.   If it is because of bad losses you would have to think Tom Izzo would be in trouble with his record against NU, or some of his bad losses last year, as well as many other coaches who have had bad losses, such as Iowa to UNO or Minnesota and Kansas to NDSU or Northern Iowa.  Now, am I happy with the last couple years, no, but I have lived through much worse in the past, when someone transferred from NU and nobody was interested in them because of the talent level at DONU.   Miles has upgraded our recruiting and anyone who can't see that shouldn't comment on anything basketball related.   I'm just tired of replacing a coach every 5-6 years and doing it again down the road.  We have people who want to hire a coach that will probably fired from his present job, boy that's a recipe for success.   Why don't we just go back to Doc, I mean he is a nice guy and easy to get along with.

Edited by twinswingohuskers
punctuation

1 hour ago, twinswingohuskers said:

To all the experts out there in internet land.   How has Miles, the BIG coach of the year as well as the national coach of the year when the huskers went to the tourney, become such a bad coach a couple of years later.   If it is because of transfers than every coach in the U.S. has gotten worse, because I don't think anyone hasn't had at least a couple transfers in the last year.   If it is because of bad losses you would have to think Tom Izzo would be in trouble with his record against NU, or some of his bad losses last year, as well as many other coaches who have had bad losses, such as Iowa to UNO or Minnesota and Kansas to NDSU or Northern Iowa.  Now, am I happy with the last couple years, no, but I have lived through much worse in the past, when someone transferred from NU and nobody was interested in them because of the talent level at DONU.   Miles has upgraded our recruiting and anyone who can't see that shouldn't comment on anything basketball related.   I'm just tired of replacing a coach every 5-6 years and doing it again down the road.  We have people who want to hire a coach that will probably fired from his present job, boy that's a recipe for success.   Why don't we just go back to Doc, I mean he is a nice guy and easy to get along with.

I agree, the talent level has been upgraded. Even though, Miles has a hard time keeping that talent around(this is an issue.) With the talent upgrade....it certainly makes it very difficult to explain the last three years and second half collapses that have occurred.  Now, we have another offseason in which it looks like we will be turning the roster over again which will make it very difficult to have a good 2017-2018 season.  

2 hours ago, twinswingohuskers said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

19 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

Eichorst was supposed to speak to the media last Thursday. He did not..........?

It certainly makes you wonder if we're still playing the who will flinch first game. 

Obviously the more guys we lose, the less compelling it is to keep Miles around.  Once again, do we have someone lined up if we let Miles go?

I'd personally rather go through an 8 win season next year and hire the right guy next year than jump ship now and make a crappy hire that sets us up for 5 more years of no-ncaa. I understand why others don't share this sort of long view though.