My guess is Miles will be fired this weekend

Tom Crean is still out there as are the other guys Nebraska was rumored to have contacted. Eichorst has no reason to keep him now and this is still a great time to fire a coach. Could even a Bruce Webber be in play? Nebraska has not hired a head coach from a P5 program in nearly 40 years. Think about that. 

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

My guess is...

Miles will not be fired.

Miles and Co will go on a run and make the dance next year.

Miles will walk off the court and give all the haters and doubters a big bird.

:rolleyes:

What gives you hope for that?  

Tom Crean is still out there as are the other guys Nebraska was rumored to have contacted. Eichorst has no reason to keep him now and this is still a great time to fire a coach. Could even a Bruce Webber be in play? Nebraska has not hired a head coach from a P5 program in nearly 40 years. Think about that. 

I wish I had your optimism.

I don't see any substantiation to the claims, but I suppose coaches and ADs meet up all the time during the Final Four. Would Eichorst go against his own word about his support for Miles? And if he does, would his word mean anything to anybody anymore? (Some might argue it already doesn't, but that's another issue.)

32 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

My guess is...

Miles will not be fired.

Miles and Co will go on a run and make the dance next year.

Miles will walk off the court and give all the haters and doubters a big bird.

:rolleyes:

1 out of 3 ain't bad.  I'll let you pick the 1...

Just like last month, canning Miles without someone lined up seems like a bad short term move and one that you can make just as easily next year. Next year you also won't have Indiana and Illinois (and hopefully not Ohio St) filling a job. IMO if we need to make a change, 2018 just seems like a better year to do so in both the short and long term.

6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Just like last month, canning Miles without someone lined up seems like a bad short term move and one that you can make just as easily next year. Next year you also won't have Indiana and Illinois (and hopefully not Ohio St) filling a job. IMO if we need to make a change, 2018 just seems like a better year to do so in both the short and long term.

I agree; however, others may not. Fuller and Horne leaving are acceptable losses. Morrow, in addition to Roby, Watson, and Jordy, is not acceptable. Morrow leaving may be what's needed for some to push out Miles. 

Did you notice Morrow's transfer announcement came after some of the big names, e.g. Archie Miller, etc., took new positions?  If I were Eichorst, I would be looking to take a family trip Gettysburg (a 20 minute drive to Emmitsburg, Maryland). 

I did not expect Morrow to transfer, but I cannot say I am surprised. Another poster stated last year that Morrow was seriously considering transferring. Additionally, Jordy's development combined with Morrow injury issues could force both to share minutes at the 5. Neither are a good fit in Miles system at the 4. Jordy also has a height advantage over Morrow. A year in the weight room will also close the gap between some of the advantages Morrow has over Jordy. 

Morrow is not a backup. His toughness, attitude, and leadership is vital to the team. However, having to share minutes at the 5 may not have been palatable. Factor in, as noted by one poster in another thread, that Miles is not exactly beloved and the team's development seems stalled, I can definitely understand Morrow leaving. 

Edited by Donkey

Doesn't make a lot of sense to fire Miles this weekend because one player leaves. Don't get me wrong because I loved to watch Morrow play when he was healthy. But until some authenticated reason for transferring surfaces, firing the coach who just got an instant reprieve from the AD would seem as dumb for the AD as a pilot telling the passengers to strap on their seat belts and prepare for a bumpy landing and then seeing him grab a parachute and jump out of the plane.Until we know more it is just as logical to assume that Ed was damaged goods and will never be at 100% and that he transferred because he was dissatisfied with the medical care he received here. Meanwhile I will add a list of adjectives to append before any reference to Coach Miles: 1. Beleagured, 2. Beseiged,3. Embattled. I just don't think we need 4.Former yet.

14 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Zero chance Miles gets fired at this point(this year.)  If next year is anything like the past three it will be much easier for Eichorst to fire Miles without any backlash. 

The chance is at worst 50/50. Things have changed in Nebraska's favor the last 3 weeks regarding coaches Nebraska was rumored to be having conversations with. IMO, doing nothing just kills what's left of any PBA momentum. You want to be a big boy program than act like one. Fire underperforming coaches and hire guys with P5 experience as head coaches.