Morrow leaving

26 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Just read a tweet that said Chris Mack was eating lunch with Ed at lazlos today. 

Xavier had 6 interior players on their roster this year.  They combined to average 62 minutes a game.  Meaning, of course, that for 22 minutes a game, they played with two bigger guys and 3 guards/wings, and for 18 a game they went with 4 guards.  Only 2 of those 6 attempted a 3, one was 1-5 and played 1 minute a game and another went 40-118 and averaged over 18 minutes - so he was their stretch 4.  So, in a 40 minute game, they went with 3 guards and a stretch 4 for 19 minutes, with 4 guards for 18 minutes, and with 3 guards and 2 post players for 3 minutes.

Good luck to you Ed.  At least you'll be playing head up against Big East centers rather than Big Ten centers.

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

Ed will be playing the wing, not center.  Or so he believes.

Ed's real problem is that he has the game of a 6'10" PF with the height of a wing, and I don't see him developing the requisite skills at this point to play the wing.

I've come to believe, despite Ed's success in the game of basketball, that he ultimately chose the wrong sport. He should have been a TE or DE on the football field and followed in his father's footsteps. He has a football body IMO.

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Ed's real problem is that he has the game of a 6'10" PF with the height of a wing, and I don't see him developing the requisite skills at this point to play the wing.

I've come to believe, despite Ed's success in the game of basketball, that he ultimately chose the wrong sport. He should have been a TE or DE on the football field and followed in his father's footsteps. He has a football body IMO.

Seriously. Forget these basketball coaches coming to talk to him. I want Washut's next tweet to be that Riley is talking to Ed in the dining hall showing him a clipboard of TE routes over day old pizza.

24 minutes ago, extremehoops said:

A friend of mine that goes in and out of the Hendricks said Ed Morrow's and Michael Jacobson's names and photos were removed from the locker room and practice facility today

Well, this blows.

12 hours ago, nustudent said:

Or that claim was exaggerated and was the public spin    Abd yes, we need him 

Completely agree. The "Ed wants to be a wing" talk has felt like an exaggeration  all along.  I would guess that the truth is somewhere in the middle. Could easily see a conversation between Miles and Morrow where Ed says he wants to sit a year to heal up and add some perimeter tools to his game, and Miles says I need you to bang in the post next year. From the coaches' perspective, the issue is Ed not committing to being the big man we need. From Ed's perspective, he knows he needs to add to (not the same as replace) his skill set. Plus, sitting out a transfer year really isn't a penalty if you could use that year to try and heal up

Edited by aphilso1

The thing that will really suck is when we see big improvements from Ed, Jake and Horne in 2 years at their new schools. Because the best thing for all of them is to sit a year and really focus on improving their weaknesses. It gives Horne a chance to really focus on footwork and continuing to reshape his body. Ed can get his feet healthy and overall basketball skills. And Jake can work on his shot. We either couldn't afford to redshirt these kids or they didn't want anything to do with it. But now something they are forced to do will be the best thing for their development if they take advantage of it.

14 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

If this comes to fruition, this is will be almost impossible for Miles to put a positive spin on. Something is clearly wrong in Lincoln.

He likely won't try and put a positive spin on it. We will probably hear "we are sad to see Michael go but look forward to bringing in guys who want to be Huskers and build a winning program." Something along those lines. So much for keeping Miles around to keep the "core" group intact.  It's going to have to be a hell of a summer for Miles or it's going to be another LONG season for him and the fans.