Morrow leaving

Just now, HB said:

Well, then he should just transfer and not say stupid shit.  I know you don't care about women's basketball, but the Posts bashing Shepherd for transferring are about 99-1.  Here it's mostly bashing the coach.  Funny world we live in.  One day apart.

Think the situations are quite a bit different 

11 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I love the bash Ed posts now.  

Check the game threads. This stuff has been said about him all year. 

I hate that he's leaving, but what they're saying isn't wrong. He rarely passed out of the post. His mid-range jumper wasn't good. And he isn't a good ball handler. 

That said, he can score down low, and he rebounds like a madman. I was looking forward to more of that. 

Edited by atskooc

3 minutes ago, nustudent said:

This.   All of it. 

He was by far going to be one of our two best returning players.  But, it's not going very far out on a limb to say that his offensive skills are very limited at this point.  It didn't help that a lot of our offensive possessions were hot garbage, but if he's going to go somewhere good and play the four he's going to have to put in a lot of work.

1 minute ago, atskooc said:

Check the game threads. This stuff has been said about him all year. 

I hate hate that he's leaving, but what they're saying isn't wrong. He rarely passed out of the post. His mid-range jumper wasn't good. And he isn't a good ball handler. 

That said, he can score down low, and he rebounds like a madman. I was looking forward to more of that. 

Your last paragraph is my point.   Never said he was flawless.   But funny now that he is transferring, only his flaws show.    6 hours ago, the 7 game stretch he missed, was a huge down turn for the program.   Fast forward 7 hours and .....good riddance 

He was our enforcer.  Nobody messed with Ed.  Will miss that attitude.  Will miss his motor.  Will miss his rebounding.  Will miss his quick jumping ability.  Will miss some of his offensive moves. But he does have limited range, but perhaps he can work on that aspect of his game in his redshirt year.  Sorry, I will miss Ed.  We will miss Ed.  But everyone is replaceable.  His offensive stat line will be replaced. 

4 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Your last paragraph is my point.   Never said he was flawless.   But funny now that he is transferring, only his flaws show.    6 hours ago, the 7 game stretch he missed, was a huge down turn for the program.   Fast forward 7 hours and .....good riddance 

The same flaws people have pointed out time and again all year. 

Why would you expect them not to be mentioned now?

There's been plenty of doom and gloom because of the announcement; it's not all pointing out his flaws. 

2 minutes ago, atskooc said:

The same flaws people have pointed out time and again all year. 

Why would you expect them not to be mentioned now?

There's been plenty of doom and gloom because of the announcement; it's not all pointing out his flaws. 

Why?    Because the sign he is leaving when he was looked too as a bright spot for our future outweighs his flaws in my opinion

we don't get it both ways.   Don't get to make excuses for the program/Miles because morrow was hurt and the future is bright only to throw him under the bus in a span of hours (not you specifically but general line of thought)

the guy guy was a tweener.   He wasn't a superstar.   He had flaws.  That being said, he also had some damn five attributes and brought things that no one else on the roster did.  We aren't better off without him 

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

So, you are hoping we fail? Weird. Best case Miles pulls a rabbit out of his ass and wins. But, if that doesn't happen I'm really hoping the next guy succeeds. I'm not going to wish he fails because of the guy who hired him. That's odd. 

Really?  Because it sure seems like you take particular delight pointing out the failures of the coaches hired by the last AD.

Which, by the way, I get really sick and fucking tired of reading because I seriously don't think Tom Osborne has anything to do with the success or failure of this basketball program and I'd like nothing more than for you to shut the fuck up about that and a couple other tropes you like trotting out from time to time.

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Why?    Because the sign he is leaving when he was looked too as a bright spot for our future outweighs his flaws in my opinion

we don't get it both ways.   Don't get to make excuses for the program/Miles because morrow was hurt and the future is bright only to throw him under the bus in a span of hours (not you specifically but general line of thought)

the guy guy was a tweener.   He wasn't a superstar.   He had flaws.  That being said, he also had some damn five attributes and brought things that no one else on the roster did.  We aren't better off without him 

Plenty of people are using this to point out Miles' flaws (just like with Ed, flaws that have been pointed out all year) which also shouldn't be unexpected. Just because Miles' shortcomings may be the more important flaws, that doesn't mean anyone should be surprised that consistent talk about Ed during the season shouldn't happen in a thread about his departure. 

I agree; we'll be worse without him. 

4 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Really?  Because it sure seems like you take particular delight pointing out the failures of the coaches hired by the last AD.

Which, by the way, I get really sick and fucking tired of reading because I seriously don't think Tom Osborne has anything to do with the success or failure of this basketball program and I'd like nothing more than for you to shut the fuck up about that and a couple other tropes you like trotting out from time to time.

You mad Normy? Kiss your mother with that mouth? BTW, I will continue to point out that Osborne had failed hires. It's a real thing. Deal with it tough guy. 

What the hell is going on?  I go cook for a few hours and I find this crap?  I'm done.

I'm not done with this board, cuz I love you guys, but I'm done with:

1)  the snowflake players that can't suck it up and actually STICK with a commitment

2)  a head coach that has all the tools in the world and ONE winning season in his five here to show how good he is at his craft

3)  an A.D. who supports the coach he hires, but is silent on the ones he doesn't and gives a ringing endorsement to the guy in charge of basketball who for thirteen years has done nothing.  I'll leave it at that.

4)  the politics involving all decisions made or not made in the athletic department. 

Maybe it's time to drain the swamp.

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

You mad Normy? Kiss your mother with that mouth? BTW, I will continue to point out that Osborne had failed hires. It's a real thing. Deal with it tough guy. 

It's undeniable.    We have to be able to discern TO the football coach from TO the AD.   They are not one in the same.    One deserves reverence.  The other is very fair to question 

3 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

What the hell is going on?  I go cook for a few hours and I find this crap?  I'm done.

I'm not done with this board, cuz I love you guys, but I'm done with:

1)  the snowflake players that can't suck it up and actually STICK with a commitment

2)  a head coach that has all the tools in the world and ONE winning season in his five here to show how good he is at his craft

3)  an A.D. who supports the coach he hires, but is silent on the ones he doesn't and gives a ringing endorsement to the guy in charge of basketball who for thirteen years has done nothing.  I'll leave it at that.

4)  the politics involving all decisions made or not made in the athletic department. 

Maybe it's time to drain the swamp.

I certainly understand your perspective. It's a hot mess tonight. Tomorrow is a new day, though. GBR

4 minutes ago, nustudent said:

It's undeniable.    We have to be able to discern TO the football coach from TO the AD.   They are not one in the same.    One deserves reverence.  The other is very fair to question 

I have to laugh. I for one don't give a damn about Eichorst. But some act like he's the devil because he had the nerve to fire a football coach hired by Osborne. People bring up Eichorst's hires to bash him and in the same breath praise Osborne. Osborne made lackluster hires. For the life of me, I don't know why some can't admit that. And as you can see...it really irks sensitive posters like Norm. Keeping Miles around after next year because Eichorst is the AD should not be a thing. If it is, the athletic department will be in shambles soon. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

2 minutes ago, nustudent said:

See, I have NEVER defended Tim Miles by saying, "Oh, but he was hired by Tom Osborne; therefore, he must be good."

So, I don't understand why certain jackasses have to shove that shit in my face all the time.

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

See, I have NEVER defended Tim Miles by saying, "Oh, but he was hired by Tom Osborne; therefore, he must be good."

So, I don't understand why certain jackasses have to shove that shit in my face all the time.

Nowhere have I said Tim Miles is a bad coach because of who hired him. I certainly struck a nerve though!

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Maybe because it's fair to point out that TOs hires haven't exactly set the world on fire   You can perceive it as being shoved in your face.    It can also be perceived as a valid talking point. 

It it also gets brought up because there is clear animosity directed towards SE when he wasn't the guy who hired the guy to put us in this situation 

Edited by nustudent

Someone jump in their Delorean, let me know what the roster looks like, I'll let you know what I feel about things then. At the moment, I'm sad.

I've heard rumors of more to come, if it's limited to what I've heard, plus the addition of a couple of guards and maybe a guy like Donnal, they'll still have a chance. If more leave than what I've heard, I'll start to cry.

Edited by uneblinstu

I mean... I think we can all agree that there are some who just feed off of the negative posts.  All they do is post negative things, and they have these sneaky ways of making their "positive posts" negative as well.  

I think that is what pisses people off the most.  It brings the whole board down.  Maybe that's their goal?  Who knows?