Morrow leaving

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

So, you are hoping we fail? Weird. Best case Miles pulls a rabbit out of his ass and wins. But, if that doesn't happen I'm really hoping the next guy succeeds. I'm not going to wish he fails because of the guy who hired him. That's odd. 

Did I say that? Odd because I don't remember saying that.

Maybe someone with eyes will put Ed at the 4.  I would guess that has something to do with this decision.  The writing was on the wall for Ed to play the 5 all four years here.  Complete incompetence how he was used last season.  I don't blame him.  

That said, I'm by no means sunshine pumping, but Jordy-Jacobson-Copeland-Roby as our front court next year doesn't send me into panic mode AT ALL.  Sorry.  

So 99% of the time, when a kid transfers out, I blame the kid came the coach. 

But go look back at the things we said about the kid when we recruited him: lunch pail guy... not on social media... considers himself a Nebraska kid... parents' alma mater... 

To me, everything he did he confirmed what we said. A Nebraska kid with Nebraska parents who started last year and was going to start this year found reason to leave, sit out a year, and play elsewhere. Not playing time, not a overbearing dad, not an ego... to me, this one points to the coach. And that's unfortunate. 

*caveat* I have no inside knowledge, and no idea what's going on in Ed's head. I'm venting. 

1 minute ago, Ron Mexico said:

Did I say that? Odd because I don't remember saying that.

That's what it sounds like to me. But, I'll take your word for it. But, like I said...I'll take my chances with Eichorst getting lucky rather than keeping things as is. Unfortunate as another rocky offseason is really putting a damper on next season. 

Dickie V thinks there is underground recruiting going on.  I would have no doubt about something like that.  A little birdy gets in a 18-19 YO kids ear and tells him something different than what he is hearing and POOF.  

So sad the number of transfers.  It's all about ME ME ME now days.  Rarely do you find a true TEAM player.

1 minute ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Did I say that? Odd, because I don't remember saying that. In fact, I think I said I had zero issues with the Pelini and Miles hire at the time. 

Except of course whenever you talk about a poor performing coach you make it a point to mention TO. I'm sure you don't mean anything by it now do you :D

Just now, Ron Mexico said:

Except of course whenever you talk about a poor performing coach you make it a point to mention TO. I'm sure you don't mean anything by it now do you :D

Like you are doing in regards to Williams/Riley? With that said...Miles has performed poorly for the last few years and I don't remember bringing up Osborne. I'm sorry that you are offended that Osborne failed on his hires but it's the truth. TBD on Miles of course...but, it's not looking good. I'll gladly admit the same if Eichorst hires flame out. 

Just now, huskerbaseball13 said:

Like you are doing in regards to Williams/Riley? With that said...Miles has performed poorly for the last few years and I don't remember bringing up Osborne. I'm sorry that you are offended that Osborne failed on his hires but it's the truth. TBD on Miles of course...but, it's not looking good. I'll gladly admit the same if Eichorst hires flame out. 

Unlike you and your TO hatred, I've very open about my dislike for Herr Eichorst.

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

I think I need a break from #Nebrasketball for a little bit lol. Took all the air out of my sail.

Might be the best thing for everyone involved. We all should take a nice, long break from it.

Edited by demone

3 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Unlike you and your TO hatred, I've very open about my dislike for Herr Eichorst.

You just said I was very open in regards to Osborne.  Now you are saying I'm not? You are talking in circles. But, I won't go back and forth with you. Osborne had multiple failed hires. That doesn't make me hate the guy but I'm not going to put my red glasses on either.  Obviously, hiring the right guy is not an exact science. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13