Shepard Transferring

hhcmatt

Serious question here...

Does anyone feel better about the Program now than when Yori was here?  I will be honest, I do not follow the women's team that much, but the days of being a constant winner seem so so long ago.  From those that follow the women more than I... Is there hope?  Is the program better or worse off now than it was?  Was firing Yori the right move?  Is Williams the right hire?

I realize it has been just 1 year.  So for those that follow the program more than I... these questions were move of a short and long term view.

Just now, hskr4life said:

Serious question here...

Does anyone feel better about the Program now than when Yori was here?  I will be honest, I do not follow the women's team that much, but the days of being a constant winner seem so so long ago.  From those that follow the women more than I... Is there hope?  Is the program better or worse off now than it was?  Was firing Yori the right move?  Is Williams the right hire?

I realize it has been just 1 year.  So for those that follow the program more than I... these questions were move of a short and long term view.

I honestly don't think she was a "big enough name" hire for Nebraska. I think its going to take a few years for her to get some people into the program like Page, Hooper, and Griffin that make people want to come to Nebraska to play!! I hope it turns around for her in the future!! I liked what we had going for us next year with Shepard on the team. Now that she is transferring I think we will have another year like this year which sucks. I thought with what we had coming in and what was already here we were going to be a middle of the pack team but we will be bottom end again I think.

I hope Nicea doesn't transfer out or Whittish!!!

This should come as no surprise to absolutely anyone.

This is a girl that went to two high schools and had agreed to attend a third.  She was going to attend Lincoln Southwest, then switched to Lincoln Southeast a month before her Freshman year and then went to Fremont.  Now while the Fremont move was related to a parent getting a new job, there's still that history.

She was one of the least in shape players I had ever seen play at Nebraska and we will be ultimately much better off without.  And doesn't anyone figure she was behind Yori getting the door?

2 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

With the off year I think she could get in shape and yes I think she could play!! If she gets the opportunity to play at UCONN, Baylor, Tennessee, South Carolina Notre Dame or Duke she better take it and work hard just for WNBA purposes!!

I think he hit the nail on the head with your first thought.  She has been good despite being out of shape while in Lincoln.  To play elsewhere (schools you mentioned) she would have to dedicate herself to get into shape if she wants big minutes.

Serious question here...

It was worse off, maybe Romeo sticks around if Yori is still here. The dense would b e better and they would be able to reboundm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

With as much as this program has been blown to smitherines I think it's time everybody gets to know the TRUTH about EVERYTHING. I do not (nor do I have the patience) want to wait another 5-10 years before this program even begins to resemble what it once was, if it even can. This has not been a good year to be a Nebraska sports fan ?  with the exception of volleyball. 

11 minutes ago, Number6 said:

This should come as no surprise to absolutely anyone.

This is a girl that went to two high schools and had agreed to attend a third.  She was going to attend Lincoln Southwest, then switched to Lincoln Southeast a month before her Freshman year and then went to Fremont.  Now while the Fremont move was related to a parent getting a new job, there's still that history.

She was one of the least in shape players I had ever seen play at Nebraska and we will be ultimately much better off without.  And doesn't anyone figure she was behind Yori getting the door?

Good points.  She was definately one of the main ones involved with Yori being gone.  It appeared she worked even less this past year getting in shape than under Yori. 

I actually think this is best for both parties. Jess is a good player no doubt, but she has a lot of growing to do in my opinion. I kind of get the feeling that Jess is a little difficult to handle and kind of wants to call the shots.  Kissinger will come in ready to play. JMHO 

You think !!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I honestly don't think she was a "big enough name" hire for Nebraska. I think its going to take a few years for her to get some people into the program like Page, Hooper, and Griffin that make people want to come to Nebraska to play!! I hope it turns around for her in the future!! I liked what we had going for us next year with Shepard on the team. Now that she is transferring I think we will have another year like this year which sucks. I thought with what we had coming in and what was already here we were going to be a middle of the pack team but we will be bottom end again I think.

I hope Nicea doesn't transfer out or Whittish!!!

I did read somewhere that some top coaches were interested in the Job, but that Amy Williams was hired before they could even apply.  They seemed to be kind of shocked in the quick turn around. Not a clue what the rest of the story is.  

WHAT?  ????    At the time she chose between SW and SE she was 14 or 15 years old!  I think we can forgive a little indecisiveness there. As for going to Fremont, yes, there is that history but then, in view of her father getting great job in Fremont, that history is completely meaningless in terms of her loyalty to a school.  Was she suppose to live apart from her family in order to show continuing commitment to her team?  

She definitely appeared to have conditioning problems.  But "be ultimately better off without" her?  ???  First it's difficult to understand how "ultimate" can apply to her two years of remaining eligibility.  And second entering a new season without the previous year's top scorer and rebounder and with virtually no post presence to replace her --- hard to think how in the world this can be improvement