Shepard Transferring

hhcmatt

7 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

Sherri Coale could use a center.  Texas will be a Top 5 team next year.  I don't know if Jess plays defense well enough for Karen Aston.  I still think Iowa State would be her best fit.

a little surprised with this observation--------do you think she could handle fennelly(sp)?

3 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

a little surprised with this observation--------do you think she could handle fennelly(sp)?

Good point, but every coach is going to be in a players grill from time to time.  I just believe that she would be a good fit for trailing 3 point shots and ISU loves the three.

15 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Saw on the uconn message board that a uconn Texas Missouri notre dame va tech assistant coaches have started following her on twitter

came across this fairly recent quote: (speaking of azura stevens the transfer from duke)

"We don't usually get involved in transfer situations but this particular one was intriguing," head women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma said

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

came across this fairly recent quote: (speaking of azura stevens the transfer from duke)

"We don't usually get involved in transfer situations but this particular one was intriguing," head women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma said

JS would have to become a different person/BBall player to go to UConn

8 minutes ago, redsteve said:

JS would have to become a different person/BBall player to go to UConn

I don't think that Jess would end there, there are to many of those players just as good if not better than her. Plus she doesn't have the work ethic to make there.

Her choice of schools/coaches, might be an indication of her desire to reach her potential. If she selects a school, with demanding coaches, still no guarantee she will give the effort.  If she opts for a less demanding atmosphere, enjoy it kid.  You're only young once.    

I wish her the best. 

Edited by 12dozen

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I have been reading Notre Dame stuff a lot and it looks like the fans really want her there. I wonder if she will regret transferring to a top notch school when she isn't playing much unless she changes in the off year.

you know being away from home and family might be what she needs to grow up and see that she has to put in the time and high level effort that is needed to be the top level player she is suppose to be.

Some times one needs to get away from the comforts and support (good and bad) to grow or to fall on your face and see that life is tough and it is a long haul to the end, so learn from this and get better.

On 4/19/2017 at 8:35 AM, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

I seen one of Baylors big girls are transferring. Beatrice Mompremier. If I were a top school I think I would pick her over Shepard !!!

Didn't she play on the USA team with JS ? Was kind of a diamond in the rough it looked to me.