Shepard Transferring

hhcmatt

I agree, HuskerCWG - It's been a long descent.  An NCAA tournament calibre team, under effective coaching, could be built just from the players who transferred or committed and then did not come:  Romeo, Chandler Smith, the Page sisters (I know - that's been hashed over enough here), the two top 50 guards who committed but went elsewhere, and now Shepard.  And after the long fall down, I am having trouble seeing a bounce back in the next couple years.  Yes, last season's freshmen will all be better, the two transfers might be really good, and Kissinger could into a stud/star.  But what will we do for size and post presence?  The open looks for threes that Whitish et.al. enjoyed while Shepard was being double and triple teamed won't be there.  And can Blackburn, even if she is healthy, keep us competitive in rebounding.  I would love to be more positive, I really would ....

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

You think !!!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was trying to be kind -- it's just my nature.  I think we all could see the tension out on the court this season.  I'm still excited for the future of this program. Janay and Bria will bring the same kind of athleticism we saw from Nicea this season so I think we can play faster. I think Grace Mitchell was really starting to get her feet under her at the end of the season. Hannah will come back a seasoned veteran. Rachel Blackburn has to be hungry to get back out on the court.  If her surgery was a success, I think she can have a great season.  She certainly plays hard enough. 

Two seasons ago (Theriot's final season), both my daughter and I observed on numerous occasions that Theriot looked royally pissed about something on the court.  There were also a few times that Yori did not start her (cannot remember the reason but it was NOT due to injury).  Could that have had something to do with Shepard?

3 minutes ago, huskerchode said:

Two seasons ago (Theriot's final season), both my daughter and I observed on numerous occasions that Theriot looked royally pissed about something on the court.  There were also a few times that Yori did not start her (cannot remember the reason but it was NOT due to injury).  Could that have had something to do with Shepard?

Yes.

19 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Jess Shepard will probably stand alone on the list of players that fans will remember with disdain.  And that's sad.

It is sad.  I remember Coach Williams after one game was talking about the importance of Jess catching the ball lower in the block.  Yet, how many times did we see Jess hanging out around the 3 pt. or the top of the key demanding the ball?