Shepard Transferring

hhcmatt

She is good enough to play at any school if she wants to work hard enough to play at those schools in her off season!! If she stays in the shape she is in now she will not play in the WNBA!!

Not saying Jess isn't good enough. She hasn't been pushed to get into shape. And prolly won't get into shape. I don't think she would play at UCONN for that reason.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Not really, she should have left before Romeo.

Yeah, there was some major league backing the wrong horse by Eichorst and then Williams.  Didn't work out so well. 

In the meantime, Kathleen Doyle goes 11 points, 8 assists, and 5 boards last night for Iowa.   Horrible judgment by the AD coming home to roost. 

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Not saying Jess isn't good enough. She hasn't been pushed to get into shape. And prolly won't get into shape. I don't think she would play at UCONN for that reason.

Gino singled her out for criticism on her conditioning after the UConn game.  That is almost unheard of.  Perhaps he will see it as a challenge.  But he is aware of some of the problems.  

1 hour ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

With the off year I think she could get in shape and yes I think she could play!! If she gets the opportunity to play at UCONN, Baylor, Tennessee, South Carolina Notre Dame or Duke she better take it and work hard just for WNBA purposes!!

Guessing of course......

Suppose that's some of the reason(s) she's leaving ? Coach told her to get in shape before next year....

OR .....does she see herself as a Romeo and could be on a top team, and not a bottom dweller ???  KInda think maybe so.

UConn....not a chance they'll need her

In any event we're pretty much cooked for next year....other than Rachel if she can come back.....even with Rachel that's not enough......no bigs even in sight. Need two more.

Edited by redsteve

7 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Disappointing. I was looking forward to a new and improved team/Jess next year.  I guess there is yet a chance, the team could be improved.  I too wonder if Eichorst is earning his pay.  "Didn't mess up volleyball" isn't much to hang your hat on.   

You know it's bad for eichorst when a legitimate debate can be had as to who's the better ad between he and Steve Pederson.

Hey opens up scholarship,  If she doen't want to put in the hard work to rebuild this, then it is best to go else where.  Even if she has better success some where else it will always kind of have an * by it as far as I am concerned.

On to the  players who want to work to change things.

Edited by Silverbacked1