For What It's Worth

Norm Peterson

2 hours ago, mwm89 said:

Suddenly, they all seem so fitting......

There's something happenin here

What it is ain't exactly clear

There's a man with a gun red hair over there

Tellin me I got to beware

Think it's time we stop, hey what's that sound, everybody look what's going down

Battle lines are being drawn

Nobody's right when everybody's wrong

Young people speaking their minds

Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound, everybody look what's going down

Edited by Norm Peterson

All so predictable.

In 1996, a group of disgruntled Nebraska basketball players walked into the athletic director's office demanding an audience so as to air their grievances, and threatening a boycott.   The AD promptly kicked them out and told them to get to practice.   We went on to win the NIT Championship, and go to the NCAA tournament the next year.  

In 2015-16, a group of disgruntled people--a former Director of Basketball operations, a trainer, a few players and some parents, weighed in with their grievances.   The AD and his henchman listened intently, with great concern on their faces, salved the owies of the complainers, and commenced a full scale investigation.  They offered no support for the coach, despite an impeccable record with regard to wins and championships, graduation rate, and doing things the right way.   "No, they said, this is no longer 1996!  We must get on the energy bus!"   So the winning-est coach in the history of the sport of basketball at Nebraska was fired, and we all lived happily ever after, frolicking on the energy bus.

Well, except the last part.  

And the energy bus has put cheerleaders at the baseball games. Now what is more lame, the polite three clap thing or cheerleaders at the baseball games? On a side note now that the netting goes past the dugouts maybe the cheerleaders won't be able to do thier lame thing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just now, huskerchode said:

Well, you know, Yori didn't have a lot of patience for players who showed up out of shape.  Guess that makes her mean according to some people.  I wondered at the beginning of this season if Yori was still coach if Jess would have been on the bench for her obvious lack of conditioning.

Not to mention Washington, who regressed noticeably.   Some people on here were convinced that she was getting screwed on playing time, and the positive approach would work wonders.  Turns out everyone took the OFF-season quite literally.  

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

There's something happenin here

What it is ain't exactly clear

There's a man with a gun red hair over there

Tellin me I got to beware

Think it's time we stop, hey what's that sound, everybody look what's going down

Battle lines are being drawn

Nobody's right when everybody's wrong

Young people speaking their minds

Getting so much resistance from behind

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound, everybody look what's going down

Great edit, Norm!  (you didn't have me until then)

Edited by HB