Omaha Central (a little OT)

22 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah I have taught for 30 years, so I kid of guided him towards teaching. He has the personality and even temper to be a good teacher.  Kids seem to be drawn to him, in a good way.  And he is a very good coach.

He is also 6'2" 310 so he will have that going for him when it comes time to put him in a room with strong willed behavior type kids.

At a career fair the other day he was just walking through to get to class and a recuiter from a private Academy for troubled youth, kind of like BoysTown,  Came running over to him and asked what his major was.  When she found out she almost offered him a job on the spot.  He would quailfy for a dorm leader now without a degree.

So that kind of got him so that he maybe will work a bit harder to get somethings done so that he can get out in the real world.

Only thing he needs to do now is pass the math and written tests that all education majors need to take now He only has his Sped classes left, and Student Teaching

Silver thanks for what you do, think teaching is a really an under appreciated profession.  Most kids don't realize how much you are helping them at the time.  Having grown up in a home with two teachers I got to see the other side of the coin. I hope you're reward with as many well wishes and thank yous as my father has been after he retired and his students grew up.  That said, thanks to our boards very own Husker4Life for his help getting a average student through junior high.

Edited by colhusker

1 minute ago, colhusker said:

Silver thanks for what you do, think teaching is a really an under appreciated profession.  Most kids don't realize how much you are helping them at the time.  Having grown up in a home with two teachers I got to see the other side of the coin. I hope you're reward with as many well wishes and thank yous as my father has been after he retired and his students grew up.

Yeah the other day a friend (a guy I didn't know, but soon learned was a tool) of a friend asked about what is cool about teaching?  He then quickly said "Summer?"

I laughed like we all do and said that the best thing that happened to me today was I had curb duty.  Watching the farthest corner from our building.  You know so nobody gets squished crossing the street in the cross walk after school.

Well a Yukon pulls up with tinted windows and the windows all roll down and about 7 little voices scream out "Have a great weekend Mr. Silverbacked,"  and the then two more voices scream out "I have you on Monday" ( I teach computer)  and I asked him what other job does the "boss" stand outside the job site and the "workers" yell that at them as they leave?  It broke the ice and they knew that I okay and not "that" teacher in social settings.:blink:

1 minute ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Yeah the other day a friend (a guy I didn't know, but soon learned was a tool) of a friend asked about what is cool about teaching?  He then quickly said "Summer?"

I laughed like we all do and said that the best thing that happened to me today was I had curb duty.  Watching the farthest corner from our building.  You know so nobody gets squished crossing the street in the cross walk after school.

Well a Yukon pulls up with tinted windows and the windows all roll down and about 7 little voices scream out "Have a great weekend Mr. Silverbacked,"  and the then two more voices scream out "I have you on Monday" ( I teach computer)  and I asked him what other job does the "boss" stand outside the job site and the "workers" yell that at them as they leave?  It broke the ice and they knew that I okay and not "that" teacher in social settings.:blink:

MrsCH loves curb/bus/crosswalk duty.  Should have included her in my list of teachers!

Looks like all the Class A head coaching jobs have been filled:

Omaha Westside promotes Jim Simons to head basketball coach, from @stuOWH. http://bit.ly/2puwzZ2 

Current Lexington head coach and former Norfolk star Jonah Bradley will be the next head boys coach at Lincoln Southeast. #nebpreps