Zach Copeland -> Illinois St

hhcmatt

26 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I think this is the first offer we've ever put out for a non-Div 1 Juco guy.

6'4" 

It would seem he shot 47% from 3 his Soph Year (103-216)

and 41% his Freshman year (63-151)

I was thinking that Marcus Perry or Nate Johnson was from a non-D1 JUCO.  Anyone remember if they were? (memory is failing and to lazy to look it up)

8 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I was thinking that Marcus Perry or Nate Johnson was from a non-D1 JUCO.  Anyone remember if they were? (memory is failing and to lazy to look it up)

I should have clarified. We've had tons of Jucos here. I think this is the first previously non-Div 1 offer from Miles.

11 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Yeah pretty bad when something called Illinois State talks smack about us.

Ehh... I took it more as a tough guy role.  Deep down that guy is worried, but he is going to act confident.  

If someone like Duke or Kentucky offered Nana, I would do the same thing.  

6 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Well, they were 27-6. But, that 27-6 didn't get 'em in the Big Dance. So, perhaps their enthusiasm for 'team' could be a wee bit misplaced when B1G teams only need to be around 18-14.

Oh I know they had a better record this year.  But guessing their record this year would have been much less impressive playing our schedule is all I am saying.  That said, the kid fits a need.

1 minute ago, HuskerCager said:

"Are we really that worried about Nebraska? I know it's big 10 but it seems more like going to DePaul in the big east. I'd be more worried if legit power programs come calling."

Ouch.  But the truth hurts, doesn't it?

Meh maybe for them once we land our second Copeland when he comes to Lincoln instead of where Illinois State is. Leave me alone i'm lazy.

Just now, HuskerCager said:

"Are we really that worried about Nebraska? I know it's big 10 but it seems more like going to DePaul in the big east. I'd be more worried if legit power programs come calling."

Ouch.  But the truth hurts, doesn't it?

Sounds like sour grapes that a "Power Program" managed to go Dancing with 8 less wins than them a mere few years ago.

... Overall this season, Copeland hit 49.1 percent of his field goals and 86.2 percent of his free throws. 

League coaches agreed to name Copeland the conference player of the year without even voting. He averaged 18.7 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists.

Marty Levinson, a former Bellevue West and University of Nebraska at Kearney player, now is an assistant coach at Saddleback Community College in suburban Los Angeles. Levinson has seen Copeland’s work in person, as CCSF toppled the defending champions from Saddleback a year ago.

“I love Zach’s game,’’ Levinson said Thursday. “He is a true shooting guard who can knock down big shots. He has a great pace to his game, decent size and the ability to handle the ball. And guard the 1, 2 or 3.

“He kicked our butt in the state championship game a year ago, and backed it up with another great year. He’s a Bay Area kid, and has no fear.’’

Copeland, a native of Oakland, California, played at Berkeley High School, which won a state championship his senior year...

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/looking-for--point-shooting-help-nebraska-targets-junior-college/article_748ea44c-0fff-11e7-9dd8-9b0e9e756f88.html