2017-18 Transfer list

hhcmatt

First off, congrats to us for winning the 2016-17 mid-season transfer sweepstakes.

We've got scholarships and we're sitting at 138+ guys of the probably 700+ guys that will transfer.

Throw any names you want into here and if we get serious with anyone we'll start a thread.

Tevin Mack from Texas got booted mid-season. What did he do?

On the court he was shooing around 40% from 3 and can flat out score.

19 minutes ago, nustudent said:

New Mexico G Elijah Brown (ave 18.8 ppg) transferring and eligible immediately.   Hopefully Chris can steer him our way.

He's a transfer from Butler so maybe he's buds with Michael Lewis. Also, he's the son of former Cavs coach Mike Brown.

He left Butler because he wanted more PT, which he got at New Mexico where he shot the ball at a Petteway-like rate.

You could easily plug him into where Tai was and he has the combo-guard skillset we're looking for. However I sort of think after 2 years of New Mexico that "questionable NCAA tournament participant" is the scene he's looking for.

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

He's a transfer from Butler so maybe he's buds with Michael Lewis. Also, he's the son of former Cavs coach Mike Brown.

He left Butler because he wanted more PT, which he got at New Mexico where he shot the ball at a Petteway-like rate.

You could easily plug him into where Tai was and he has the combo-guard skillset we're looking for. However I sort of think after 2 years of New Mexico that "questionable NCAA tournament participant" is the scene he's looking for.

Im guessing he's not what we are looking for

7 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

First off, congrats to us for winning the 2016-17 mid-season transfer sweepstakes.

We've got scholarships and we're sitting at 138+ guys of the probably 700+ guys that will transfer.

Throw any names you want into here and if we get serious with anyone we'll start a thread.

Tevin Mack from Texas got booted mid-season. What did he do?

On the court he was shooing around 40% from 3 and can flat out score.

Read the thread on shaggy bevo.  First suspension supposedly weed, second for punching a teammate in the locker room after a game. 

3 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Or potential clubhouse cancer?

Good point...you could bring him in and go 12-19 or something.

Not sure we are in any position to be turning down (assuming he'd even be interested in us) 19 PPG scorers.   Especially at a position where we just lost our best player and is the weak link on the team right now.  

Edited by nustudent

1 minute ago, nustudent said:

Good point...you could bring him in and go 12-19 or something.

Always run that risk.

I don't think there are any bad rumors out there about Brown, he could be a really good piece. If the rumors about Mack are true, that's a piece I'd do plenty of vetting on before I went down that road.

Just now, uneblinstu said:

Always run that risk.

I don't think there are any bad rumors out there about Brown, he could be a really good piece. If the rumors about Mack are true, that's a piece I'd do plenty of vetting on before I went down that road.

IMO...I think there's little risk at this point.   It's basically do or die time.   Take the talent.

2 hours ago, Jugular said:

There's probably a reason he's on his 3rd team here soon. And we have a coach that's coached him before.

It's probably more like Tarin Smith or Andrew White or Horne though; Good enough kid that you have to manage because they and/or their parents are difficult.

FWIW on Brown the coach who he signed to play for was Brad Stevens who took the Celtic's job a month before he started his freshman year. He, like a lot of guys on that team, transferred out that April.

We run an offense perfect for his skills. He would be a star here.  We would have to sell him that we will win and I don't know that we can.

10 hours ago, nustudent said:

IMO...I think there's little risk at this point.   It's basically do or die time.   Take the talent.

There is little risk in advocating for a guy who isn't going to come here. He's going to end up back on the East Coast somewhere. 

Duane Wilson- Marquette. Averaged 11 a game last year and the year before, but this season didn't play as much and averaged just shy of 5pts a game. Consensus 4 Star, top 70 player out of high school

https://www.google.com/amp/www.anonymouseagle.com/platform/amp/2017/3/20/14989278/marquette-golden-eagles-basketball-duane-

wilson-graduate-transfer

heart and soul of the team

Edited by MichHusker

58 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

There is little risk in advocating for a guy who isn't going to come here. He's going to end up back on the East Coast somewhere. 

I agree that we likely aren't going to get him.   Just saying that it'd be a mistake to turn that production away in our situation for fear he is a locker room cancer. 

1 hour ago, noahjb24 said:

The guy that we want is Egor Koulechov from Rice. Postgrad for next year. 6'5 210 lb. SG that averaged 19/9/2 this year. If anyone of you are good friends with Tim, tell him this is the guy that can secure his job. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/66324/egor-koulechov

Has it been announced that he's leaving?

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

I agree that we likely aren't going to get him.   Just saying that it'd be a mistake to turn that production away in our situation for fear he is a locker room cancer. 

But if the kid is a shitstain and trouble why would you want to bring him in? 

49 minutes ago, Jugular said:

But if the kid is a shitstain and trouble why would you want to bring him in? 

Because you need to win now and in order to do that, you need talent, especially at the position he plays.   He's proven to be a productive player.  

White was a stain too...don't tell me that we were better off without him this year.