A glimpse into the early years of Hannah Whitish

Row6Seat10

UNL freshman basketball player’s talent stems from father’s support

Whitish is known for being a tireless worker, spending hours perfecting her jump shots. As a 10 year old, Whitish’s dad Bob recognized his daughter’s commitment to basketball and gave her private workspace.

“My dad actually built a shed,” Whitish said. “The original plan was to have over half of it as the half court.”

1 hour ago, Row6Seat10 said:

Whitish is known for being a tireless worker,

I don't see her having a sophomore slump.  She has a big upside and will continue to improve each year.  The 3 point shot is becoming more important all the time for both WBB and MBB.

4 hours ago, Row6Seat10 said:

So the practice shed for players on the team will be two next year.  It is well known that Taylor Kissinger's father built a full size court inside of a building on the farm for the girls. All I ever got was a hoop on the garage.  Maybe that was why I was never very good.

22 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

So the practice shed for players on the team will be two next year.  It is well known that Taylor Kissinger's father built a full size court inside of a building on the farm for the girls. All I ever got was a hoop on the garage.  Maybe that was why I was never very good.

When I started BBall in elementary school....In the summer I had to walk up to school and play on an outdoor hoop, on a  parking lot. Me and a couple other neighborhood kids played for hours...for fun.

Edited by redsteve

20 hours ago, redsteve said:

When I started BBall in elementary school....In the summer I had to walk up to school and play on an outdoor hoop, on a  parking lot. Me and a couple other neighborhood kids played for hours...for fun.

hear ya! the powers that be never opened up the indoor places during summer to play. we had to play on a outdoor tennis court that had a hoop on one of the end zones-----it had a chain link net. or, we could play on someones driveway.

Edited by whoopdeedoo