Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49r

Arena Porn - if you're into that kind of thing

Recommended Posts

6_5178937.png

 

http://pennstate.247sports.com/Article/Penn-State-details-plans-to-upgrade-Bryce-Jordan-Center-51757139

 

Bryce Jordan Center to undergo future renovations 

Renovations will be made to improve the basketball atmosphere and evironment

 

The Bryce Jordan Center as you know will be coming to an end.

Major renovations are coming to the home of Penn State basketball.

Per Phil Esten, Penn State's chief operating officer of athletics, the BJC will undergo a major facelift in the coming years as part of the school's 20-year Facilities Master Plan released Monday. The plan will be executed in five-year increments. The BJC is not among the facilities that will receive attention during the initial increment, however when alterations are made, they will be designed to provide a more intimate atmosphere during basketball games.

 

There are also plans for a stand-alone basketball facility, which Barbour says the plan is to be owned by the athletics department.

Edited by 49r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Nebraska can always look at Penn State and laugh. Too bad Northwestern is no longer among the laughingstocks of the league. NU, the one we all know & love, better get its act together quick & in a hurry. Teams like Indiana, Illinois, & Ohio State won't be down for long!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like the city of Norman, Oklahoma is considering developing an area on the north side of downtown between I-35 and the airport.  This development would include an arena and events center with a festival area attached.  The University of Oklahoma is interested in replacing the aged Lloyd Noble arena and this may very well be a low-cost option for them.

 

 

On the surface it looks like it may be decent urban development plan - but man it is a LONG ways off campus.  Gameday environment may improve but student attendance most certainly may suffer.  For a program that already struggles mightily with attendance it seems that this might be a big gamble for the University.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Seemed a bit odd that the Sooners would only want a 10k seat arena, especially if they plan on hosting NCAA's.... as it appeared that they do want to host big events.

 

I'm not sure what the Regionals requirements are for hosting (obviously something like CenturyLink) but if they wanted to host a Final Four, those only go to football stadium-sized venues with awful sightlines and are far away from the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

 

I'm not sure what the Regionals requirements are for hosting (obviously something like CenturyLink) but if they wanted to host a Final Four, those only go to football stadium-sized venues with awful sightlines and are far away from the action.

 

I would have presumed that 10,000 seats won't be enough to host any NCAA men's basketball event, but perhaps the NCAA has eased up on the seating requirements...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 5:57 PM, HuskerFever said:

 

I'm not sure what the Regionals requirements are for hosting (obviously something like CenturyLink) but if they wanted to host a Final Four, those only go to football stadium-sized venues with awful sightlines and are far away from the action.

It's all about the money.

Edited by Bugeaters1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a minute since I last updated this thread, but for those interested, Northwestern has a webcam set up inside Welsh-Ryan Arena that you can take a peek at the progress of their renovation.

 

https://public.earthcam.net/northwesternuniversity#/Welsh~2FRyan Athletic Center/ConstructionCam 4K/View 1

 

Looks like they're going for a kind of mini-PBA effect there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 49r said:

Been a minute since I last updated this thread, but for those interested, Northwestern has a webcam set up inside Welsh-Ryan Arena that you can take a peek at the progress of their renovation.

 

https://public.earthcam.net/northwesternuniversity#/Welsh~2FRyan Athletic Center/ConstructionCam 4K/View 1

 

Looks like they're going for a kind of mini-PBA effect there.

 

It looks like they're spending a crap ton for a piss bucket.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

I think once it's done, it's gonna be a pretty cool place to watch a game

 

I agree...and while I wouldn't trade PBA and the game day environment around the Haymarket for anything, I must admit I can't help but be a little jealous of their nice little on campus arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 1:30 PM, 49r said:

 

I agree...and while I wouldn't trade PBA and the game day environment around the Haymarket for anything, I must admit I can't help but be a little jealous of their nice little on campus arena.

A little OT but this is their new football practice facility right on Lake Michigan. Very cool

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 5:24 PM, The Polish Rifle said:

A little OT but this is their new football practice facility right on Lake Michigan. Very cool

image.png

 

Seems like a distraction to 'focus' on the task at hand of football practice. But, what do I know. lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×