Agau's Salty

dskurz

14 hours ago, dskurz said:

My point was that the belief that McVeigh was the last spot and therefore NU didn't have room for Agau seems to contradict that we were still actively recruiting Agau even after McVeigh committed.

We have a running diary of those 3-4 days here

Him and Jack were at the Indiana game

Agau was scheduled to visit officially but we were stuck in Iowa City.

McVeigh commits during that time.

We technically had a scholarship for that season to sign Agau but were full for next season. It's probable, especially in hindsight, that someone was going to transfer. However we have never oversigned in the Miles era.

I'm unsure whether or not the scholarship offer for Agau was formally pulled when McVeigh signed.  But when I ask myself if McVeigh has signed at LSU whether or not Aqau comes here or Georgetown the answers, especially in hindsight, is Georgetown. 

19 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

What is falling apart for Illinois?  They show three commits from guards for 2017, each of whom is a Rivals four star.  And one of those three is Mark Smith.

I wouldn't say it's falling apart either though they did have 5 star center Jeremiah Tilmon decommit. He was a Groce commit but this might have happened anyway as he 's from East St. Louis and Mizzou is potentially going to draw him in. The Illini are sitting at 9 scholarships right now. 

10 hours ago, Swan88 said:

What is falling apart for Illinois?  They show three commits from guards for 2017, each of whom is a Rivals four star.  And one of those three is Mark Smith.

I didn't realize that DeMonte Williams had re-committed after he had gotten a release.  So - my mistake there.  But losing Tillmon hurts for them, they are really thin up front.  They have some decent players back but not much depth.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

All talk.

Listened to it.  Pretty much.  If you follow along he gravitates towards "Nebraska didn't want him enough"

At the end of the day, he's the default starter at SMU and he's not at Nebraska, Illinois, or Maryland and he's not going to go on a radio show and mention this. If playing pro ball is what he's trying to do, SMU is the best opportunity and the smart choice.

It would seem the title of this thread covers it.

To me, Agau would have been here to help with depth and play a nice role for us.  He would NOT have been the man... or probably even the second or third man.  

I do not think that this is something he wanted to be known as.  He wants to be the man.  To me, I would rather have Jordy/Copeland, Jordy/Roby, ect out there.  Agau may have played bench minutes for us and I do not think that is a role that he wanted to take on.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tbl-akoy-agau-wanted-to-transfer-to-nebraska-but-claims/article_2cf0dff8-4559-11e7-be08-abd153e952b3.html

"The interest just wasn't mutual. Agau said Nebraska didn't reach out until four weeks after he'd received his release from Georgetown, and by then, he'd already honed in on schools that had been there since the beginning."

""I thought I would garner more interest, and that just wasn't the case," Agau said. "I'm not going to go somewhere I wasn't wanted when I have all these other schools that wanted me ... I needed to go somewhere I'm wanted and I'm able to do the things I want to do. That may come off the wrong way, but I don't mean it that way at all. (I wanted) a situation where I'm comfortable, able to play — but also wanted there, and I just didn't get that at all from Nebraska. I just had to move on.""

""Truthfully, [Nebraska] probably would've been a place I went — if we're putting it all out there. All the fans have been mad at me for not coming home, but there's a lot more to it. I felt like turning them down two times, it was maybe time for me to finally go home, but things didn't fall into place like I wanted them to."

"[SMU doesn't] just say you're a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Which I like. I've always been someone that's able to do multiple things on the floor, so that allows me to dribble, take guys off the dribble, make open shots, post up. It has me all over the place where I can showcase a lot of different facets of my game. With the next level, that's what they like guys to have in my position."

Bring out the popcorn. Agau's salty.

giphy.gif