Agau's Salty

dskurz

He is claiming he sent them to Nebraska

Gill was his roommate at Louisville, and he wouldn't claim he sent Copeland here if he wasn't close with him. Connections help. They mean something. Not saying anything is forgone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Gill was his roommate at Louisville, and he wouldn't claim he sent Copeland here if he wasn't close with him. Connections help. They mean something. Not saying anything is forgone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake I am not saying that he didn't help them get here.  Just stated what he is saying in tweets posted in the thread.  

31 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Sorry there is a thread on the Scout board and he is hammering Miles about not recruiting him and how Miles headed to New Zealand the first day on the job.  Just wanted to get the story.

Uh...did you read the first post on this thread?

In other words Scout has some thread about Agau still being upset that Tai Webster was more hyped than him.

Also, when did that Scout thread start? I might have inadvertently triggered it yesterday by retweeting that old thread

30 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Uh...did you read the first post on this thread?

In other words Scout has some thread about Agau still being upset that Tai Webster was more hyped than him.

Also, when did that Scout thread start? I might have inadvertently triggered it yesterday by retweeting that old thread

Dang it Dimes I can't remember what I had for lunch let alone the first post here.  It was started yesterday evening.

Just now, colhusker said:

Dang it Dimes I can't remember what I had for lunch let alone the first post here.  It was started yesterday evening.

lol...I bumped up the chain of tweets from like 2 months ago yesterday and someone read it and now someone is quoting it like gospel

I suspect that thread fails to mention the prior tweet regarding  Agau's "non-recruiting process" were he was disappointed that they wouldn't also recruit his high school teammates. Why would Nebraska be expected to sign Omaha Central's squad back in the day when Rick Pitino didn't need to?  Because Miles/Nebraska's not baller enough to be able to just get the services of a top flight player like Agau without some catch?  

Years old beefs go both way.  Let's put some water under the bridge and see where we're all at today

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Sorry there is a thread on the Scout board and he is hammering Miles about not recruiting him and how Miles headed to New Zealand the first day on the job.  Just wanted to get the story.

These people are ridiculous.  Miles left Vegas to watch Agau play in Kansas City.  He recruited the hell out of the kid.  For anyone to create some back story here is being incredibly disingenuous.  If the story was created by Agau, it is pathetic.   Give me a break--I consider myself dissed because coach went to New Zealand right away, even though he later recruited me hard, I went to every football game with a nice sideline pass.  If he meant anything he put in that tweet, he needs to get over himself.  If anyone was disrespected, it was our team when the kid wore Georgetown gear on a visit.  The idiots on Scout need to quit this stupid narrative. 

2 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Something else to ponder in all of this is Akoy's friendship with two of his former teammates who are now on our roster in Isaac Copeland and Anton Gill. Just a little food for thought. 

Well, when Georgetown came to Omaha to play Creighton this year Copeland was in the arena to watch. I walked by him. 

59 minutes ago, HB said:

These people are ridiculous.  Miles left Vegas to watch Agau play in Kansas City.  He recruited the hell out of the kid.  For anyone to create some back story here is being incredibly disingenuous.  If the story was created by Agau, it is pathetic.   Give me a break--I consider myself dissed because coach went to New Zealand right away, even though he later recruited me hard, I went to every football game with a nice sideline pass.  If he meant anything he put in that tweet, he needs to get over himself.  If anyone was disrespected, it was our team when the kid wore Georgetown gear on a visit.  The idiots on Scout need to quit this stupid narrative. 

HB it was not the board folks that posted it, just a regular Joe poster much like the rivals board has happen.

Edited by colhusker

57 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Well, when Georgetown came to Omaha to play Creighton this year Copeland was in the arena to watch. I walked by him. 

How the hell did Creighton miss on him with those nice wide concourses and beer sales.  Damn

21 minutes ago, colhusker said:

HB it was not the board folks that posted it, just a regular Joe poster much like the rivals board has happen.

Right, that's who I was directing my angst at.  Realizing that I just used horrible grammar calling someone else an idiot.  

9 minutes ago, HB said:

Right, that's who I was directing my angst at.  Realizing that I just used horrible grammar calling someone else an idiot.  

Well there are a few folks on those two boards that seem to be a couple fries short of a Big Mac so. :)

If McVeigh was the last commit of that recruiting cycle, why does the OWH article about McVeigh's commitment reference Agau still visiting.  Or what am I missing?

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/foot--australian-shooting-guard-jack-mcveigh-commits-to-huskers/article_b4e33da2-95ed-11e4-8a6e-4fb3cc3c4160.html

Nebraska signed three players in November: 5-11 point guard Glynn Watson from Bellwood, Illinois; 6-7 forward Ed Morrow from Chicago; and 6-8 forward Michael Jacobson from Waukee, Iowa.

Also, Andrew White, a 6-7 wing, will be eligible next season after sitting out this season as a transfer from Kansas.

Nebraska is currently hosting Louisville transfer Akoy Agau, a former Omaha Central all-stater. Agau is leaving Louisville after 1½ seasons.

Edited by dskurz

18 minutes ago, dskurz said:

If McVeigh was the last commit of that recruiting cycle, why does the OWH article about McVeigh's commitment reference Agau still visiting.  Or what am I missing?

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/foot--australian-shooting-guard-jack-mcveigh-commits-to-huskers/article_b4e33da2-95ed-11e4-8a6e-4fb3cc3c4160.html

He didn't actually visit then as NU was still stuck in Iowa City after a blizzard... Agau's visit had been scheduled after his unofficial a week prior (when he was pictured posing with Jack & MJ - our very soon Swan had the tweet of the three, I believe).

Edited by AuroranHusker

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Or he could go to Creighton and give them the big transfer they desperately need.

Today on TBL, they said Georgetown stipulated he couldn't transfer to another Big East school.  

Unless it was to play football.

11 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

He didn't actually visit then as NU was still stuck in Iowa City after a blizzard... Agau's visit had been scheduled after his unofficial a week prior (when he was pictured posing with Jack & MJ - our very soon Swan had the tweet of the three, I believe).

My point was that the belief that McVeigh was the last spot and therefore NU didn't have room for Agau seems to contradict that we were still actively recruiting Agau even after McVeigh committed.