Agau's Salty

dskurz

4 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Our culture has been burned by players in the past who don't believe in what the University or coach stands for.

No malicious intent here, but when it comes to basketball, just what the hell does the university or coach stand for?  I'd love to know.

Phone rings...Coach Miles answers....Voice on the other end - Coach Miles, this is Akoy, it is time, I really do want to come play at Nebraska....Coach Miles pauses, but just for a second ---- Uhhh, NO.

Sure I will cheer for him if he comes.  But my take after courting him two other times; it is all about Akoy.  We do not need that chemistry drain.  Not now.  So, that ship has sailed from my perspective.  But again, if the coaches and players believe he will fit and that he can help, then I will live with it.

No win situation for Miles. Agau doesn't come, the fan base, or even Agau, will claim Miles turned Agau away (even if Agau does not give Miles the time of day). 

Agau goes to Nebraska, Miles must coach a player who spurned him in the past(twice), has publicly questioned him, and has left two previous blue blood programs without any significant playing time. 

Agau would be a solid addition from an ability stand point, but would you be willing to take that baggage as well? 

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

Is he for sure 2 years? I thought he was only 1 but I might have missed where he got a medical.

He only played 3 games his second year at Louisville, when he was coming off a sports hernia surgery.  Then he missed his entire third season at Georgetown with a torn ACL.  So, he'd almost surely get a sixth year if he tried to get it.

3 minutes ago, Donkey said:

No win situation for Miles. Agau doesn't come, the fan base, or even Agau, will claim Miles turned Agau away (even if Agau does not give Miles the time of day).

I can't see how the OWH or LJS would spin it that way. We have the space, we have the need, and we're not the ones who've been saying no.

19 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Agau goes to Nebraska, Miles must coach a player who spurned him in the past(twice), has publicly questioned him, and has left two previous blue blood programs without any significant playing time. 

Agau would be a solid addition from an ability stand point, but would you be willing to take that baggage as well? 

I think that overstates the case.  I don't think anybody would be up in arms if he doesn't come here, because we've been down this road twice already, and also based on his career nobody will be expecting him to be a superstar or anything, just a nice addition to the roster that fills a void.

And he must not have badmouthed Nebraska all that much since his freshman year roommate at Louisville and close friend is now here.

If he wants to come here, he'll come here.  If he doesn't, he won't.  It's pretty cut and dried IMO.