Agau's Salty

dskurz

I mean, his timeline's probably not quite right, but the sentiment isn't entirely off base, either. There's high end D1 talent coming through the state and we're ceding it to the school in Omaha (and other places), almost without a fight. We might be able to do this already, but we're gonna look back on this stretch as a missed opportunity if something doesn't change soon.

The problem is Nebraska did recruit him pretty heavily. Not sure if NU ever did line up an in-home, but he visited NU a bunch of times unofficially.  Not sure how he can say we didn't recruit him.  Heck, Miles even went to some of his AAU games in Vegas that I remember reading about.

15 minutes ago, dskurz said:

The problem is Nebraska did recruit him pretty heavily. Not sure if NU ever did line up an in-home, but he visited NU a bunch of times unofficially.  Not sure how he can say we didn't recruit him.  Heck, Miles even went to some of his AAU games in Vegas that I remember reading about.

Yeah... no inside info here, but to say we didn't recruit him at all is hogwash.  When bigger shinier things came about... he was quick to jump at the opportunity.

The first thing Miles did was sign Omaha Central's Deverell Biggs.

I think what Agau is saying here is that we were fawning over Tai and not him. 

37 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

There's high end D1 talent coming through the state and we're ceding it to the school in Omaha (and other places), almost without a fight.

In some regards you do make a good point here. Regardless of what you think of went down with Arop he's some level of D-1 player. We take flier on out of state kids we know will transfer if they don't work out instead of instate kids who we might be stuck with if they don't work out.

In other regards, does anyone think that Akoy's high school team coming here would have ended well? 

25 minutes ago, dskurz said:

As I recall it, the story is, Tim was at an AAU event in Vegas and was having pretty animated phone conversations (presumably with Akoy - he needed a quality big man to pair with Biggs/Webster) and left quickly to hop on his jet to go to an event in KC that Akoy was playing in.  I believe this was also the famous flight that he gave Izzo a lift in...

39 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

It would also help if a lot of these metro kids would do better in the classroom so there would not be a risk recruiting them.

The top ones have been eligible, except for maybe Hollins. Akoy's at Georgetown now, so he handled business.

As for the rest of his stuff, pfffft, he's rewriting history.

27 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Not to mention that like 4/5 of the starters didn't qualify out of HS. Scott, Hollins, Billingsley, et al went JUCO.

Thanks, that is what I was saying. Believe me I'm a big supporter of Nebraska high school basketball players but many metro players have had grade issues and some that did qualify did so late. Some coaches will not hold a scholarship unless that player is real special player.

3 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

akoy is trolling hard and is clearly bitter things haven't worked out for him at louisville or georgetown.

he should get in the gym instead of tweeting.

Yep. He's mad his career hasn't panned out. Didn't recruit him? I believe we recruited him TWICE! The second time after he decided to transfer, Miles gave him every opportunity to be here but finally closed the door when he jacked us around so long.