Indiana

hskr4life

15 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Please give the job to Dan Dakich

I don't think Michael Jordan will ever talk trash about Dan Dakich.  That was maybe the best individual defensive performance ever, so the guy knows a thing or two.  But somehow that didn't translate to coaching.

Edited by Dead Dog Alley

In many ways Indiana basketball is a lot like Nebraska football. Any coach who doesn't take his team to the championship within the first 3 or 4 years will begin to feel the heat from the majority of fans still seeing the shadows of old coaches looming over the new guy. And on the subject of Dakich, I think he handled the plane crash incident with as much aplomb as possible in such circumstances. It was a truly honest and professional performance.

Edited by jimmykc

On 3/16/2017 at 3:38 PM, HuskerCager said:

Could Altman end up at Indiana?

I doubt it. Altman's never been a big media guy. You gotta do it all the time at IU. 

I'll bet they offer the job to Jay Wright. I would. Right time to leave, too. Nova's never gonna have a run that good anytime soon. 

On 3/16/2017 at 2:17 PM, HuskerCager said:

Indiana fires it's coach after garnering only 3 sweet 16's in the last 6 years.  Illinois goes another direction after posting just 4 postseason appearances in 5 years.

The difference between our administration's expectations and these other two schools is gaping.  I hope this works out for us, because it feels like we are watching the world go by right now.

Cager this isn't directed specifically at you but at the general comparison between Indiana and Nebraska basketball. The difference is in tradition. The more appropriate example is between Indiana Basketball and NU football. Nebraska is arguably the worst power 5 college basketball team. We've been watching the world go by us for the better part of our history save for a short period in the '90's. 

The question is will pushing the reset button for the 4th time since the turn of the century make things any better? Will we be hurt long term by staying the course? Seems to be a Sophie's choice.

On 3/19/2017 at 7:48 PM, Bugeaters1 said:

These stories are written AFTER a coach is fired to humanize him, especially if the coach was generally liked.

Nebraska media likes to take a scorched earth or indifference approach towards the coach as they walk out the door.

Nebraskans want to feel good about firing a coach, and thus they tend to trash them and make stuff up that isn't true about the coaches character or personal life so that the firing seems justified.

Nebraska Nice. 

18 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

These stories are written AFTER a coach is fired to humanize him, especially if the coach was generally liked.

Nebraska media likes to take a scorched earth or indifference approach towards the coach as they walk out the door.

Nebraskans want to feel good about firing a coach, and thus they tend to trash them and make stuff up that isn't true about the coaches character or personal life so that the firing seems justified.

Nebraska Nice. 

We have to have the worst fanbase in the entire nation.  We "make stuff up" about coaches character AFTER they are fired.  We only fill up the PBA to 15K or so for a losing team.  Some fans have the nerve to leave basketball games early when we are down 16 points with four minutes left.  And last but not least, we take offense to a coach telling us to kiss his arse out the door and "FU."  Woe is me 

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

We have to have the worst fanbase in the entire nation.  We "make stuff up" about coaches character AFTER they are fired.  We only fill up the PBA to 15K or so for a losing team.  Some fans have the nerve to leave basketball games early when we are down 16 points with four minutes left.  And last but not least, we take offense to a coach telling us to kiss his arse out the door and "FU."  Woe is me 

Seems accurate