Jeriah Horne will transfer

16 hours ago, 49r said:

My bad...thanks though, for coming on and putting rumors to rest quickly.  You didn't have to do it but we appreciate you.

I figured I should after he text me and said there's some rumors about it lol.

But jeriah was really a surprise and although there were times I felt maybe he would(transfer) especially the 1 game I can't remember against who

but he and miles were having a pretty intense moment on the side after some mistakes jeriah had made

Edited by thattimeofyear

Just a wild, wild guess, but what are the chances that Jeriah Horne winds up at Mizzou with Cuonzo Martin and his old foe Porter, with whom he went head-to-head and toe-to-toe in the state finals in Missouri last year?  Thirty-nine points each, as I recall?  I bet Missouri has some space available.

Edited by Norm Peterson

@thattimeofyear, I don't want to sound like a total homer, but I just watched video on Porter and if he's the #1 player in the 2017 class (and according to Rivals, he is), well ...

I don't see him doing anything that Isaiah, if he develops a perimeter jumper, can't do.  There were things I was expecting Porter to be able to do that I didn't see him show that I know Isaiah can do.  Spin dribble to the glass, for example.  Saw a couple instances where Porter drives from the wing, gets cut off at the baseline, and I was expecting him to spin to his left or right (depending which side he was driving from) and lay it in.  But he didn't.  Which tells me he doesn't have that tool.  And I know Isaiah does because I've seen him use it.

Isaiah has the athleticism and length of Porter.  He probably has better ball handling skills than Porter.  I think he's better attacking the basket off the dribble than what I've seen from Porter.  Porter is much better, it looks like, shooting off the dribble from middle distance and from three point range. 

If Isaiah can put together a dribble jumper and a decent three point shot, he's not going to be giving up much to Porter.  And that may sound stupid for me to be saying about the #1 recruit in all the land, but I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

I see Isaiah taking Tai's place next year, in the sense of attacking the rim on the dribble drive with occasional perimeter jumpers.  If he can hone his jump shot, look out.

I'm looking forward to it.

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

@thattimeofyear, I don't want to sound like a total homer, but I just watched video on Porter and if he's the #1 player in the 2017 class (and according to Rivals, he is), well ...

I don't see him doing anything that Isaiah, if he develops a perimeter jumper, can't do.  There were things I was expecting Porter to be able to do that I didn't see him show that I know Isaiah can do.  Spin dribble to the glass, for example.  Saw a couple instances where Porter drives from the wing, gets cut off at the baseline, and I was expecting him to spin to his left or right (depending which side he was driving from) and lay it in.  But he didn't.  Which tells me he doesn't have that tool.  And I know Isaiah does because I've seen him use it.

Isaiah has the athleticism and length of Porter.  He probably has better ball handling skills than Porter.  I think he's better attacking the basket off the dribble than what I've seen from Porter.  Porter is much better, it looks like, shooting off the dribble from middle distance and from three point range. 

If Isaiah can put together a dribble jumper and a decent three point shot, he's not going to be giving up much to Porter.  And that may sound stupid for me to be saying about the #1 recruit in all the land, but I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

I see Isaiah taking Tai's place next year, in the sense of attacking the rim on the dribble drive with occasional perimeter jumpers.  If he can hone his jump shot, look out.

I don't want to take anything away from Porter either and I don't know what level competition he played against this last year in High School.  I do know the large numbers in High School in Missouri were put up against what would be about Class C level talent in Nebraska (i.e., Bill Jackman getting 30 a game while in high school).  Bill if you're here that is not a a slam against you, you just were way better than the level of talent you were playing against. 

Edited by colhusker

On 3/18/2017 at 9:38 AM, thattimeofyear said:

Im hoping for the same as well idk if I actually posted this or not but he should have red shirted. He was not physically ready which I believe caused him to struggle and have confidence issues.

But I've seen this story before 

It was pretty much the exact same with his freshman yr of highschool as far as his play and development and kinda team as a whole.

Idk how this translates to college but sophomore yr they won a regional title ? Im expecting big things next yr 

Zay would've redshirted had AW-III stayed all 'N' instead of going Orange for a year.

19 minutes ago, colhusker said:

I don't want to take anything away from Porter either and I don't know what level competition he played against this last year in High School.  I do know the large numbers in High School in Missouri were put up against what would be about Class C level talent in Nebraska (i.e., Wes Eikmeier getting 30 a game while in high school).

No thanks, necessary, colhusker.  :)

15 hours ago, colhusker said:

I don't want to take anything away from Porter either and I don't know what level competition he played against this last year in High School.  I do know the large numbers in High School in Missouri were put up against what would be about Class C level talent in Nebraska (i.e., Bill Jackman getting 30 a game while in high school).  Bill if you're here that is not a a slam against you, you just were way better than the level of talent you were playing against. 

Porter Jr played high school in Seattle this past season with his Dad coaching at UW

3 hours ago, Cell said:

Porter Jr played high school in Seattle this past season with his Dad coaching at UW

Yep I knew that, live where he grew up in Missouri and know the story.  However, instead of playing at the large high school here in town he played at the small Catholic school against much lesser talent.  I think he will be very good at the next level.  However, the Missouri fans who are clamoring about getting to final four next year are silly.

Edited by colhusker

On 3/24/2017 at 2:51 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Agree with all that and they actually played one another in a highschool summer league game I think porters freshmen or sophomore yr and porters team lost bad.

I remember isaiahs coach saying he didn't see what all the hype was about.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, huskercwg said:

I sort of wish him well.  I guess some people would rather be a big fish in a smaller pond rather than a smaller fish in a bigger pond.  Apparently Jeriah felt like he was bait at good old UNL.

Maybe but while I admit he had a lot of work to do, it had to be frustrating watching others make mistakes and stay on floor knowing if you mess up you were getting yanked and yelled at.

59 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Maybe but while I admit he had a lot of work to do, it had to be frustrating watching others make mistakes and stay on floor knowing if you mess up you were getting yanked and yelled at.

Go back and re-watch the Kansas game.  

Not sure who made mistakes and didn't get yanked.  Maybe Tai?  Or Glynn?

15 hours ago, tcp said:

wish the young man good luck. Probably a good landing spot for him. solid mid major program.

The AAC is sort of a tweener conference. Do you consider Memphis and Cincinnati to be mid majors because they're in the same conference.

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

The AAC is sort of a tweener conference. Do you consider Memphis and Cincinnati to be mid majors because they're in the same conference.

Yes.  But great teams (especially in basketball) can come from mid-major conferences; Wichita State, Gonzaga, et al.