Jeriah Horne will transfer

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Not shocking. The "I play big minutes one game and no minutes the next" has to be tough for new kids. My biggest issue with Miles is how inconsistent he is with certain guys and there minutes.

This one stinks for long ter potential but not shocking....

Really hoping he is the last one to go....

This one pisses me off, we have a kid that can knock down a shot and Miles dicks him around like said above.  Getting tired of Miles love for kids that shoot 6 of 17 to lead team.

Edited by colhusker

9 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

i know that fuller and horne were the most likely to transfer, but still not a good sign that we've lost 2 players before the ncaa tourney has even started.

I'd rather know now than, say, in July.

These two were somewhat expected. If anyone else leaves, which I don't think will happen, then there will be reason for alarm.

Edited by uneblinstu

4 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I'd rather know now than, say, in July.

These two were somewhat expected. If anyone else leaves, which I don't think will happen, then there will be reason for alarm.

Maybe but once again unless something changes we are on our way to once again having self imposed sanctions.

25 minutes ago, colhusker said:

This one pisses me off, we have a kid that can knock down a shot and Miles dicks him around like said above.  Getting tired of Miles love for kids that shoot 6 of 17 to lead team.

Actually that's pretty close to what his numbers would be based on his shooting percentages

Keeping HS recruits is still difficult for Miles. Also, I wouldn't say it's a for sure thing that McVeigh is back next year. Before the season (yes that was a long time ago) there was an article from a small site where he stated he may only be here one more year). My interest in next year is waning ... don't get me wrong, still getting tickets, but it almost feels like Pelini's last year ... more of the same to come.

2 minutes ago, Husker4theSpurs said:

Keeping HS recruits is still difficult for Miles. Also, I wouldn't say it's a for sure thing that McVeigh is back next year. Before the season (yes that was a long time ago) there was an article from a small site where he stated he may only be here one more year). My interest in next year is waning ... don't get me wrong, still getting tickets, but it almost feels like Pelini's last year ... more of the same to come.

Agreed.

I kept hoping/thinking that McVeigh would move on the pro offer which opens up more minutes for Horne

Bummer we burned bridges with Arop. I know he was more of a long term project but now with two open scholarships we could've afforded to RS him (assuming we are able to land a PG or combo guard). I know hind sight is 20/20 but would like to nab an in state guy.

Also, bummer to see Horne go. Kind of interesting, I believe only a week ago Miles said everyone was on board with coming back next year except one player who was on the fence. But now we already have to players who announce they're leaving.

If a player's that unhappy, I'm sure his coach will have it figured out long before the rest of us, unless they're completely unperceptive.

If Horne leave, all we can do is wish him well and hope he finds a home he's comfortable with. It's easy for us to forget sometimes that just because we love Nebraska not everyone else will. There are just relationships that sometimes don't work.

This is still not as bad as the inferno that was the White defection, so there's that.

30 minutes ago, tcp said:

If a player's that unhappy, I'm sure his coach will have it figured out long before the rest of us, unless they're completely unperceptive.

If Horne leave, all we can do is wish him well and hope he finds a home he's comfortable with. It's easy for us to forget sometimes that just because we love Nebraska not everyone else will. There are just relationships that sometimes don't work.

This is still not as bad as the inferno that was the White defection, so there's that.

Not even close to the AW3 situation, he straight played us and left us with no real opportunity to replace him. Jeriah also didn't hold the amount of significance to the team as White did.

Can't blame Jeriah really. He's stuck in a loaded position with Jack, Isaiah, Nana, Palmer, Ed, MJ, and Isaac Copeland who will all be competing for time at the 3 and/or 4. And unfortunately, most kids nowadays aren't like Tai and won't just work their tails off and get so much better where the coach has no choice to play them.

Never really saw him being slotted higher than 9th in our rotation next year. Best of luck to him where ever he goes.

6 hours ago, khoock said:

Bummer we burned bridges with Arop. I know he was more of a long term project but now with two open scholarships we could've afforded to RS him (assuming we are able to land a PG or combo guard). I know hind sight is 20/20 but would like to nab an in state guy.

Also, bummer to see Horne go. Kind of interesting, I believe only a week ago Miles said everyone was on board with coming back next year except one player who was on the fence. But now we already have to players who announce they're leaving.

Actually, Arop and his coach burned bridges with us, for anyone who knows what really went down there.   And I doubt it ends up being a "bummer", unless he has Justin Patton like development.  Which happens like almost never.