Jeriah Horne will transfer

Crap.  Many of you say you saw this coming.  I did not, so it is a bit shocking.  Perhaps it isn't official, perhaps it will not happen.  But this is a good kid, with a bunch of potential.  He has holes in his game but shoot, he still has a ton of potential.  Hope he ends up staying.

Just now, hhcdimes said:

Here's what I can tell you: Someone from the Horne camp is going to read this thread before tomorrow happens. Make your pitch for him to stay or go.

We're an incredibly weak shooting team and he is one of the few guys who possess that skill.   There will always be a role for that guy.  You took minutes from McVeigh as a true frosh, come back work hard and improve defensively even slightly and youll take more minutes.   Taylor will likely move to back up PG and Webster is gone so there will be some minutes to go around at the 2 and 3 now.   

I think Horne has great upside since he showed glimpses in a few games. But if you take way the Southern and Purdue games, he shot 34.7% from the field and 29.1% on 3's. Not exactly great numbers. Again, if he works hard in the offseason I really think he could develop into a consistent scorer off the bench next season. I'd prefer he not transfer. But if he doesn't want to be here, let's get someone in who does. 

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

Okay, this is what is hard for me to understand.  WHY would a player call HuskerOnline to tell them he was transferring BEFORE visiting with your coaching staff.  This is very, very weird. 

Maybe it's a case of the Andrew White syndrome.

Just now, huskercwg said:

Let me change one part of my rant...simply why would you tell anyone other than parents and perhaps teammates before you tell your coaches?

My guess is went something like this.   Has meeting set up with coaches.  Discusses with family and HS/AAU coach.  Decides he wants to transfer.  HS/AAU coach goes to Bossi.   Bossi reports it on Rivals.   Rivals calls Horne.

I would just like to know the reasoning.  It irks me that everyone feels that they should get PT right away.  You have a senior leader this year who had to work for every second of PT.  Why do Freshman come in and feel they deserve PT right out of the gate?

Edited by hskr4life

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I would just like to know the reasoning.  It irks me that everyone feels that they should get PT right away.  You have a senior leader this year who had to work for every second of PT.  Why do Freshman come in and feel they deserve PT right out of the gate?

Gonna guess it's not about deserving it.   Its about logjam and the role that appears to be set for him and the competition with other players that he doesnt feel are better for the same minutes.   Again..guess only.   But willing to bet if you there was legit talent in front of him taking those minutes, it'd be different

Edited by nustudent