MidwestDrummer

Jeriah Horne will transfer

202 posts in this topic

Was hoping he would stay.  Hopefully we have no more guys leave.  Horne and Fuller were the two I thought "may" leave.  Just have to hope nobody else now.

Not shocking. The "I play big minutes one game and no minutes the next" has to be tough for new kids. My biggest issue with Miles is how inconsistent he is with certain guys and there minutes.

This one stinks for long ter potential but not shocking....

Really hoping he is the last one to go....

Posted (edited)

This kind of grumps me out. 

We need scorers, and that's what Jeriah brings. 

Edited by atskooc

Posted (edited)

Someone was going to in the 3/stretch 4 combo area.  Too many guys.   Was hoping we'd keep Horne and it'd be McVeigh.

Edited by nustudent

This should not come as a surprise. Horne has wanted to leave for some time. I really wish he was not leaving, but respect his decision. 

4 minutes ago, REDZONEDAN said:

Poop!!! I really like Horne. We're losing a good perimeter shooter.

Second best shooter (Watson) on a bad shooting team.  

This one will hurt us.

Just now, bball23 said:

Now with 2 open spots, we almost HAVE to find a solid grad transfer that can shoot it.

And hope the Palmer rumors aren't true

Not going to rant about this because it was almost expected, but dammit, I hate that a talented kid from an area nearby that we should be recruiting heavily wants to leave after 1 year. Not a good look, short or long-term, in my opinion.

Not sure who he will end up with but Misery seems like a close landing spot that isn't sliding down in competition.

23 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Someone was going to in the 3/stretch 4 combo area.  Too many guys.   Was hoping we'd keep Horne and it'd be McVeigh.

McVeigh isn't going anywhere.  Not sure if he was upset over the lack of playing time or if he/his parents saw what you saw with too much competition.  Too bad, think the guy would have had a chance for big minutes next year if he busted his hump.  Moving somewhere else and redshirting to finish working on his body probably seems like a better bet than any sort of loyalty to the red N.

2 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

If Wingett can get the grades...get him on campus.

We'll see how our offers shake out but this year seems as good as any to finally roll the dice on someone in the state.

1 minute ago, hhcdimes said:

Not sure who he will end up with but Misery seems like a close landing spot that isn't sliding down in competition.

McVeigh isn't going anywhere.  Not sure if he was upset over the lack of playing time or if he/his parents saw what you saw with too much competition.  Too bad, think the guy would have had a chance for big minutes next year if he busted his hump.  Moving somewhere else and redshirting to finish working on his body probably seems like a better bet than any sort of loyalty to the red N.

Agreed he's not going anywhere.   Just saying there was going to be one odd man out, and given the choice, I'd take Horne.

I think it's pretty obvious as to the reasoning.  The logjam at that 3/stretch 4.   You have Copeland/Roby/Horne and McVeigh.   At the 4 you have Jacobson and Morrow.   At the 3, you have Palmer and Akenten.  Lots of guys there.   

5 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

That was my first thought as well.

6 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

We'll see how our offers shake out but this year seems as good as any to finally roll the dice on someone in the state.

Not sure I would hold my breath - everything I've heard is pointing him toward JUCO. Likely Northeast up in Norfolk.

I hope he stays but generally think its a foregone conclusion.  Doubt that news breaks without some strong sources 

Basically someone called Eric Bossi before they met with the staff, no? If so, there is that freshman impatience again.