NCAA & WNIT Tournaments

Row6Seat10

Only four B1G teams made the big dance, Maryland a 3 seed, Ohio state as a 5 seed, Purdue and Michigan State both enter into the tourney as 9 seeds. Sort of surprised that Michigan didn't make the cut. Other than the B1G teams that the Huskers played that made it, the other teams the Huskers played followed by their seeding that made it in were, UConn (1), California (9), Creighton (7), Drake (10) and Missouri (6).

The Bracket

My final 4 picks - UConn (1), Washington (3), Stanford (2), South Carolina (1). 

How do you see it playing out?

Edited by Row6Seat10

4 hours ago, Row6Seat10 said:

Only four B1G teams made the big dance, Maryland a 3 seed, Ohio state as a 5 seed, Purdue and Michigan State both enter into the tourney as 9 seeds. Sort of surprised that Michigan didn't make the cut. Other than the B1G teams that the Huskers played that made it, the other teams the Huskers played followed by their seeding that made it in were, UConn (1), California (9), Creighton (7), Drake (10) and Missouri (6).

The Bracket

My final 4 picks - UConn (1), Washington (3), Stanford (2), South Carolina (1). 

How do you see it playing out?

i am really surprised. finish 3rd in the big ten; 23rd sagarin/cbn rpi; 46th ncaa rpi; rpi better than some teams that got in.

guess the 1-4 finish really hurt. 0-4 top 25 and 4-7 against top 50

still, i thought they would make it.

Watched the Washington games the past two rounds where they've dismantled both Montana St. and last night Oklahoma. Kelsey Plum is a stud. She had 29 against MSU and threw in a measly 38 last night against OU. They pass the ball better than any team I've seen the past couple of season's, defense is suspect though. Of course I'll admit I watch U-Dub because of Natalie, she had 11 pts the first round and 20 last night hitting on 6 of 10 three pointers. 

3 hours ago, Row6Seat10 said:

Watched the Washington games the past two rounds where they've dismantled both Montana St. and last night Oklahoma. Kelsey Plum is a stud. She had 29 against MSU and threw in a measly 38 last night against OU. They pass the ball better than any team I've seen the past couple of season's, defense is suspect though. Of course I'll admit I watch U-Dub because of Natalie, she had 11 pts the first round and 20 last night hitting on 6 of 10 three pointers. 

Also watched a few minutes of the Wash. game. Romeo didn't score a point while I was watching....watched some of the UConn game ...they're just such a force...scoring by every player, passing and assists, ....the unselfish "team" play is just something to watch. UConn has really jelled this year with several new players. More so than I thought they could going into the season.

As said...who will be the runner up?  

For those interested in the WNIT tourney Indiana, Michigan and Iowa from the B1G are all in the Elite 8 of that tournament. Michigan goes up against a team the Huskers went up against last season in Virginia Tech tomorrow, as does Iowa who plays Wazzou Sunday. Indiana plays Villanova also on Sunday.

10 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Find it crazy Washington wasn't even looking for Romero at the end of game. It's like she nonexistent to them

With her "supporting cast"....she's not their strongest asset. At times she seems to get the green light ans scores 20 or so. The coach must be waiting until next year when Plum is gone, and the complexion of the team will be different.  .....kind of like us...but we'll be much different to, and stronger probably.

Mississippi State might be a tough out.  6'7" and 6'5" ladies in the middle, with athleticism to run the court, doesn't hurt.  Baylor will have their hands full. There was a stretch in the Washington game, when McCowan (6'7") seemed to block every shot taken, then run down the court and score. You could tell she was having fun by the smile on her face as she ran.  Enjoyable to watch.  Now that Natalie is out, think I'll pull for Mississippi State, at least vs Baylor.     

Edited by 12dozen

Will be interresting to see if cinderella #12 seed Quinnipiac can continue the run they're on. I'm thinking it probably comes to an end this afternoon when they go up against #1 seed South Carolina. The Florida St/Oregon St game will be an good game to watch too. the lone B1G participant Maryland is playing now and leading Oregon in the first quarter.