Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AuroranHusker

Last Radio Show for Coach Miles for the 2016-17 Season

Recommended Posts

I don't think i'll get a chance to listen/call in.

If someone could ask something along the lines of:

 

This year your team had the lowest Free Throw Rate allowed of any team you've ever coached in Div 1. Was this due to an effort in the off-season to specifically limit fouls or was this more of a side effect of the personnel and/or defensive schemes run this year. 

 

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I don't think i'll get a chance to listen/call in.

If someone could ask something along the lines of:

 

This year your team had the lowest Free Throw Rate allowed of any team you've ever coached in Div 1. Was this due to an effort in the off-season to specifically limit fouls or was this more of a side effect of the personnel and/or defensive schemes run this year. 

 

Thanks in advance

Hard to foul  when you're 5 feet away from the shooter.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a question.  For the life of me, I can't remember what we used to lovingly give Doc grief for the term he used always.  It wasn't calling Sek (Sack), I remember that.  Was it "you know"?  Every time he talked, it came out several times.

 

I mention this because I listened to Miles on the clip Dimes provided.  I've never noticed him saying "um" ever before.  Couple 3 on this one....

 

I'm not suggesting anything.  Maybe Miles always does, like I do, says um, when he's processing what he wants to say next.  I've just never noticed it before.  

 

One other thing;  around the 12 minute mark Miles mentions "nothing worse than malaise" when talking about a fan base and what could happen.  This tired fan is moving from being patient to malaise.  Very slowly, mind you.....

Edited by cipsucks
clarity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I got a question.  For the life of me, I can't remember what we used to lovingly give Doc grief for the term he used always.  It wasn't calling Sek (Sack), I remember that.  Was it "you know"?  Every time he talked, it came out several times.

 

 

 

"Again".   Or, "Aggiiinn".   

 

I always chuckled when Doc addressed a topic for the first time, and started with "Aggiiinn"....:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I'm not suggesting anything.  Maybe Miles always does, like I do, says um, when he's processing what he wants to say next.  I've just never noticed it before.  

 

He does this quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×