NCAA Tournament

uneblinstu

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Oh I think Minnesota might have something to say about that.

Ha - you may be right. But I'd say a 6 or 7 would've been appropriate for the Gophers. cu was more like a 9 or 10 if you just look at them after the injury. And that might be generous. 7-8 in their last 15 games before today.

Minny also had a really tough match-up. MTSU can play, and would've given any of the 5s problems yesterday.

1 hour ago, trickey said:

If he was my kid/client, I would advise since he is projected as a first rounder he has to go get his $. He should not risk a severe injury as the potential rewards for returning are minimal; while the risks are substantial. Under a week.

I think he's be leaving millions on the table if he left after this year. He should come back, get bigger, stronger, better and he'll be a top 5-10 pick a year from now. He's talented, but gets pushed around quite a bit. One more year and he'll be unstoppable.

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I don't think he's ready - but when their is that much money on the table, you have to take it. I saw him projected at 17 yesterday.

I agree he is not ready; but these teams will pay millions to let you mature on their bench if they believe you eventually will make it.

Gosh, Kwame Brown made millions holding down the bench for years after being drafted #1 out of high school. If he would have spent time in college, I'm guessing his bank account today would be significantly smaller. If they are willing to gamble on you, let them.

Edited by trickey

55 minutes ago, throwback said:

Ha - you may be right. But I'd say a 6 or 7 would've been appropriate for the Gophers. cu was more like a 9 or 10 if you just look at them after the injury. And that might be generous. 7-8 in their last 15 games before today.

Minny also had a really tough match-up. MTSU can play, and would've given any of the 5s problems yesterday.

Losing a starter didnt help them either

5 hours ago, khoock said:

Lackluster coaching job in getting Creighton ready for their tourney game imo. You have a 1st team All-Big East player in Foster, Defensive Player of the Year in Tazz, and Freshman of the Year in JP. You shouldn't be losing to Rhode Island in the first round with that talent. And no I'm not your typical salty Nebrasketball fan as I went to school with Khyri and know JP so I want them to do well.

My bracket and well myself are glad they didn't!

Watching this tournament has me hoping Miles figures out how to get more guys with more basketball skill.  All of these teams have guys that simply can score the basketball and guys that make open shots.  They also have way better spacing and actually have an idea of what they want to accomplish.  Miles needs to reach out to some offense experts this offseason and figure this out.  The days of other teams defense improving at a greater rate than our offense during the season has got to stop.  That's all.  Back to watching good basketball. 

Edited by royalfan

Another pet peeve with officiating today.  Just watched a West Virginia guy go up and miss a shot.  Not much contact to start but the under official waited until the ball came off the rim and was being rebound before the whistle blew.  Was like he was waiting to see if the shot went in.

31 minutes ago, throwback said:

Good for the B1G, always feels good to take out the best Big East team.

Not been a great tourney for the Big East so far - B1G redeeming itself after a shaky Thursday.

Minus Novas title last year the BE has been terrible in the tourney.

One title and two Sweet 16's in three years for a "basketball" conference is not good. They might not have a single team playing next weekend.