NCAA Tournament

uneblinstu

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

All of the 16 seeds playing a Nebrasketball game of 1 good half and 1 terrible half I see.

I was unaware that a 16 seed has never beaten a 1 seed!!!  I'm glad I watched the Gonzaga and Villanova games otherwise I would have never known that!!

10 minutes ago, 49r said:

Did you know that Erick Strickland actually played minor league ball for the Florida Marlins when he was at Nebraska?

He actually wasn't too bad of a minor leaguer.  He batted .262 with 4 HR's and 57 RBI's in 103 games in 2 years and rookie and short season ball.

1 hour ago, 49r said:

So you're saying he was outcoached, Norm?

How good are his X's and O's?  Apparently that's a thing nowadays...

I clearly spoke too soon.  In the last 5 minutes of the game, VTech really figured out how to play 3 point defense as Wisconsin missed every singe trey attempt in the last 5 minutes of the game. 

Before that, though, Virginia Tech was allowing Wisconsin to shoot 50% from beyond the arc.  Those are Molinari-esque numbers.

I think Va Tech should really study what they were doing in the last 5 minutes to make Bronson Koenig suddenly start missing all over the place.  Had they kicked up their defense like that 5 minutes sooner, they might have won this game.

In-game coaching decisions obviously cost Va Tech a chance to advance.  Seems like a no-brainer to non-experts like myself that you would naturally want to start making the other team miss their 3-pointers earlier in the game. 

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I clearly spoke too soon.  In the last 5 minutes of the game, VTech really figured out how to play 3 point defense as Wisconsin missed every singe trey attempt in the last 5 minutes of the game. 

Before that, though, Virginia Tech was allowing Wisconsin to shoot 50% from beyond the arc.  Those are Molinari-esque numbers.

I think Va Tech should really study what they were doing in the last 5 minutes to make Bronson Koenig suddenly start missing all over the place.  Had they kicked up their defense like that 5 minutes sooner, they might have won this game.

In-game coaching decisions obviously cost Va Tech a chance to advance.  Seems like a no-brainer to non-experts like myself that you would naturally want to start making the other team miss their 3-pointers earlier in the game. 

Yes, and their offensive scheme was just awful.  I mean, obviously if Buzz had just coached his guys to not miss so many shots they would have won the game!  Plus the horrible player rotations!

What a terrible coach.  They need to fire him and open up the checkbook.

Yes, and their offensive scheme was just awful.  I mean, obviously if Buzz had just coached his guys to not miss so many shots they would have won the game!  Plus the horrible player rotations!

Horrible coach. He'd be tar and feather like Miles has been on here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Horrible coach. He'd be tar and feather like Miles has been on here.

Can a coach, coach his guys to make shots?