uneblinstu

1 hour ago, brfrad said:

ACC = 9 teams; avg. seed 5.1; Highest: 1; Lowest 11

Big East = 7 teams; avg. seed 7.4; Highest 1; Lowest 11

Big Ten= 7 teams; avg. seed 6.7; Highest 4; Lowest 9

Big 12= 6 teams; avg. seed 5.7; Highest 1; Lowest 11

SEC= 5 teams; avg. seed 6.0; Highest 2; Lowest 9

Pac 12= 4 teams; avg. seed 4.8; Highest 2; Lowest 11

Thank you. Not bad for a down year, huh?

3 hours ago, nustudent said:

SEC drastically overseeded

The first team to get in with 15 losses that was not a conference champ.... Vandy, a 9-seed?!?!?

Sure, I get that a tough schedule ought to be rewarded, but Vandy didn't even sweat getting 'in' at all.

Makes one wonder if NU had maybe 6 more wins this season, say 3 more non-conference & 3 more B1G wins, and the Huskers would have been sitting at 18-13. And, by my account, a 9-seed similar to a Vandy this year. Amazing. Wonder what AW-III must be feeling right about now.... bet he's kicking himself a wee bit (on the inside at least). Mannnnn.

14 hours ago, MichHusker said:

I like that SDSU team, but I think they are playing the worst matchup as far as 16v1 goes for them. Gonzaga is loaded and I'm assuming Daum is gonna have to guard the man-mountain that is Przemek Karnowski. Not a good matchup

But you can also look at the other side of that matchup. Daum can pull Karnowski away from the basket with his 3-ball. Idk if Karn will be able to keep up with him on the perimeter. Not saying SDSU will win but it's an interesting 1/16 game.

12 hours ago, nustudent said:

SEC drastically overseeded

In their defense...as a league they've drastically over performed in the dance the last few years.  The committee probably recognized this and are adjusting accordingly - they're probably right too.  I think the SEC gets a bad rap as a hoops conference.

14 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And neither did Cuse. HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syracuse finished with a final NCAA rpi of #84.  We came in at #108.

I wonder ... if we could have drafted one player off of Syracuse's roster -- let's say their leading scorer -- and had him play for us instead ... where we would have ended up and where they would have ended up.

I bet they would have finished worse than #108.  And I bet we would have finished better than #84.  Probably a lot better.

26 minutes ago, 49r said:

In their defense...as a league they've drastically over performed in the dance the last few years.  The committee probably recognized this and are adjusting accordingly - they're probably right too.  I think the SEC gets a bad rap as a hoops conference.

SEC is a bad hoops conference.   Kentucky and Florida just bail them out in the NCAA tournament.  Occasionally there might be a 3rd team that does something but usually they are incredibly underwhelming outside of the two big fish.

Committee usually has a conference every year that they over value that falls flat on their face.   Two years ago, it was the Big East.  Last year, the Pac 12.   We'll see if the trend continues.  But some of these seedings were very random.

Speaking of 'Cuse, Boeheim took shots recently at the ACC holding the ACC Tournament in Greensboro, NC.  He thought it was dumb, does nothing for their conference, and the tournament, he thinks, should be held in a big city.  Like NYC. 

So, guess who 'Cuse is matched up against in the first round of the NIT?  You guessed it:  UNC-Greensboro.

Speaking of 'Cuse, Boeheim took shots recently at the ACC holding the ACC Tournament in Greensboro, NC.  He thought it was dumb, does nothing for their conference, and the tournament, he thinks, should be held in a big city.  Like NYC. 

So, guess who 'Cuse is matched up against in the first round of the NIT?  You guessed it:  UNC-Greensboro.

You gotta love karma.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Seeding for the B1G is a JOKE!

4-Purdue (about right)

5-Minnesota (should have been a 6 or 7)

6-Maryland (about right)

7-Michigan (should have been a 6)

8-Northwestern (about right)

8-Wisconsin (should've been a 4 or 5, or at worst, 6)

9-Michigan State (should have been higher than Northwestern due to playing tougher non-conference schedule)

Just now, HuskerFever said:

Although Notre Dame hasn't been making the free throws they normally do, I think it's more that Princeton is that good than it is Notre Dame playing poorly.

Certainly Princeton deserved the 12 seed.  It is hard to win 10+ in a row no matter what conference you play in.