Coaching Carousel 2017

jimmykc

22 hours ago, 49r said:

A bit of insight on what "opening up the checkbook" gets you these days:

Would he have come here for $3 mil?  He's from St Louis though he played/coached in a pre-Nebraska B1G. I have to think he leans Misery over Nebraska.  We get him for $3.25-$3.5?  Is he worth that much? Is he worth that much to bring Michael Porter here for a year?  High risk/high reward

On Gregg Marshall: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18926712/gregg-marshall-wichita-state-shockers-exit-ultimately-maybe

"But he said one day he'll probably leave Wichita State. He's just not sure when."

"Marshall has interviewed for other jobs in the past. Even though he's not at a Power 5 school, his $3.3 million salary is comparable to what some of the top college basketball coaches make."

Is he serious? Or is he just bluffing to pad that contract?

28 minutes ago, 49r said:

https://hoopdirt.com/st-patricks-day-daily-dirt-31717/

A St. Patrick’s Day edition of the Daily Dirt…

• Word on the street is that a Power 5 job is opening today. Stay tuned….

Unless I'm missing something this site doesn't tend to know anything of value...it's always crap you could pull of a message board or things that have already happened.

If I was a gambling man and there was a coach being booted I'd go with Brad Brownell at Clemson as you could have fired Jim Christian last week. Oregon St's Wayne Tinkle a dark horse.

Sounds like Georgetown is in total disarray:

http://www.thehoya.com/editorial-georgetown-basketball-must-confront-off-campus-issues/

"Comparably, the Nebraska Cornhuskers had a disappointing 12-19 season for Head Coach Tim Miles and similarly lost forward Jeriah Horne to a transfer, but the university was much more forthcoming to their fans, acknowledging their frustration and publicly affirming their faith in Miles for next season. Georgetown has released no such statement or even announced its intention to retain Thompson, neglecting to recognize the disillusionment of its fan base and even going so far as to try to silence it at the games."

26 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Greg McDermott's gotta be on the hot seat right? I mean he hasn't been able to get Creighton to win a Sweet Sixteen game. He's obviously not the guy to get it done for them.

:D

I know it's facetious, and really, totally ridiculous...and no he's not on the hot seat IMO his seat's so icy cold his butt is pry numb, BUT...

Their last two trips to the dance have got to be considered major disappointments considering the talent on the teams they took there.  I'm sure HHC would be a war zone tonight if our roles were reversed...

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

Washington names longtime Syracuse assistant and "coach-in-waiting" Mike Hopkins their new Head Coach:

...supposedly this move was made possible because of this:

Interesting from a few perspectives.  First, I thought the dude was the heir apparent to Boeheim.  Instead, Boeheim gets extended.  Secondly, the dude has been East coast for years, now he moves to the West coast.  Thirdly, he has not been a head coach.  Interesting.