Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimmykc

Coaching Carousel 2017

76 posts in this topic

With Groce out and March madness beginning I thought this is as good a time as any to begin the annual fiesta (or feeding frenzy).Enjoy!

I hate to be Internet Grammar Nazi. But if we're going to be seeing this thread for months to come, could we edit the title to correctly spell carousel? :)

It's sort of a tradition now. I also misspelled it the last time I tried this and it took me a long time to figure out how to edit a title. Maybe it is because I caroused too much in my youth.And where is spell check when you need it, anyway?

Wait, that was too easy. The robot that lives inside my computer just told me to click and hold down over the title and voila. It must be the same one that reset my clock for daylight saving time.

Elbert...... Looking at you!

Just now, huskercwg said:

Johnny Jones is out at LSU.  They have had some stud players at LSU, but little to show for it to date.

...in old news, Mark Gottfried is out at NC State.  That program has had some good history.  I thought Gottfried had the team closed to where they needed to be, but the AD thought otherwise.

Just to start conversation.

There are a lot of pretty good gigs open this year.  How would Nebraska have fared if we needed a coach?

Kim Anderson is out at Missouri.  He took a pretty good program right into the toilet.  Trust me, my feelings are not hurt.  Perhaps the antlers found humility.

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Just to start conversation.

There are a lot of pretty good gigs open this year.  How would Nebraska have fared if we needed a coach?

We have zero history but fantastic facilities and excellent fan support.  Money does not seem to be an issue.  So...

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Michael Porter might be available....

...for Mizzou maybe...

I've also heard talk that they're gonna make a push to get Tillmon away from Illinois, too.  Pull off that double and holy crap look out!

4 hours ago, 49r said:

A bit of insight on what "opening up the checkbook" gets you these days:

What are the odds he's still there in seven years?